Y&R August 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that Phyllis is being showcased way more than Cane. Cane has really just been involved in the Winters family drama. Phyllis is involved/has been inserted into several storylines. Including  the cover up of JT's death, her ups and downs with Billy and his gambling, and sleeping with Nick which Summer and Kyle are trying to expose.

And now Jack wants her back as well and she will be probably have a storyline dealing with the fall out of Summer/Billy probably cheating together. She's being featured all over the canvas.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where is this whole thing with Jack coming from? It doesn't make much sense. He had seemingly accepted the fact his brother was with his ex-wife via an affair. Phyllis was always a bit of a sounding board for Jack, but he wants her back now? 

• Members

I think it's because Jack/Phyllis have been spending more time together/getting closer lately. (Due to Hilary's accident and death and Billy going downhill and being absent.) Jack has stepped in and supported Phyllis at Hilary's wedding (which Billy didn't attend) and her funeral (which Billy left early.)

I think that Phyllis has been feeling like she can count on Jack more, since Hilary's accident. And them getting closer maybe stirred up some feelings from Jack. Summer is also stirring things up by telling Jack that Phyllis is better off with him.

I think Summer does like them together but that she is largely trying to push them together because she wants Billy for herself. The other day Summer got Jack to admit that he still loves Phyllis. Jack also told Phyllis yesterday he wasn't happy that Phyllis took Billy back.

• Members

I've said it before but it bears repeating, Lily and Devon are written better and scenes come off more interesting and engaging when the show doesn't feel the need to include Neil. Their scenes were great last week when it was just them alone hashing it out. But today's scenes felt lacking to me. I understand that Neil is needed for the story, but including him in their confrontation scenes today took away from the drama. He was too distracting.

And it's impossible for him to be nuetral when we all know he hated Hilary and shouldn't want lily to take any responsibility. He sure didn't when he did his dirt. He's not working the way he's written in this story. I can almost hear the writers, "How can we include Neil?"

• Members

Slowly getting caught up and while it's nice to hear Hillary's name a lot, there's a gaping hole in the canvas now. I find that I don't really care about any of the other stories anymore and I'm pretty much fast forwarding anything non Winters related at this point because the other stories seem so boring now. 

I will say I love Devon going after Cane and Lily though. I hated that just cause she was dying they both decided to act like they didn't absolutely hate her guts for most of her time on the show. I mean they somehow blamed Hilary for Cane cheating on Lily.

• Members

Yeah, I'm expecting the average viewer is thinking Devon is being an [!@#$%^&*] while Cane and Lily are the victims. But in actuality everything Devon has said has been pretty spot on outside of Lily doing it on purpose.

• Members

I’m just as bothered by the business storylines.

Jack glowed today over Nick’s managerial and entrepreneurial skill. Nick’s Dark Horse is apparently up and running, a force in the country. Huh???

Worse? Billy and Jabot. The Jabotique stuff is so bad. Without any board support, without meetings for months, Billy’s opening 30 stores around the country. Uh...ok.

Archived