SOD: Best & Worst - 2017

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing B&B did well was completely surprise us with Deacon & SheDevil while all the focus was on H8ie. But that was it as has been universally stated. KB has been wasted and B&B has been so awful, I even stopped reading dailies last month to keep up. 

I'm glad they mentioned JY/KM.  Complete and utter waste. JY, who is actually good, has been sidelined while 'talents' like Spam and GomerPyle get screentime. Appalling. 

• Members

I feel that Soap Opera Digest hasn't really been relevant since around 2013, after we were down to 4 soaps, and shows like GH and Y&R had their big anniversary editions. Since then, it's been a non-factor. 

Also, as one of the 12 people in the world who's still a subscriber (but not renewing this year... I've got like 30 issues I still haven't gotten around to reading), about a month ago, their page count went from 96 to 72! A 25% drop! Yet I'm guessing it's still the same bloated $5 price tag on newsstands. 

• Members

Grocery stores in my area haven't carried SOD in years.  B&B as best show is laughable.  But then again it also makes me sad that daytime dramas are still a part of the Daytime Emmys.  They should be dropped.  It's so awful that these shows with these actors will eventually catch records for number of times won Best Drama, Best Actor, Actress, writing, direction, etc. when there are only 4 shows on so one of them has to win, when no one is actually deserving.  It's impressive when there are 7 or 8 or 9 choices out there, but not when there's 4. 

• Members

Yes ghost Stone was a vision of Sonny's when Sam shot him and he was stuck in that pit?  Warehouse?  Whatever it was.  You would think since MS doesn't act anymore he would have some standards since he doesn't need the money, but I guess not.  Although I will say MS and MB still have an easy friend chemistry.........Sonny just doesn't even deserve to see "ghost" Stone at this point, but that is another post.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived