Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My main point was that if a woman does it, there is no actual outrage, and everyone thinks it's funny and cute, including the men that it happens to. And I won't lump things together like that, just like I wouldn't lump a shoplifter in with an armed robber, or someone who would steal a car.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Oh, please stop talking, Matt Damon. Bending over backwards to cover his ass in case we might associate him too closely with Weinstein, and Ben and Casey Assfleck.

All this mansplaining. Nobody doubts there aren't plenty of men who do not sexual harass or assault. People are just trying to figure out the ones who DO so that they can be held accountable. I don't understand why this is such a source of anxiety and concern for Damon. 

Please register in order to view this content

He sounds afraid we might hang, draw and quarter all men. When, let's be real, NONE of the accused have even been arrested or prosecuted yet!

This complicity in Hollywood is so ugh. Thinking about HW and how he destroyed people's careers who did not acquiesce to him -- he could not have done that alone. He called up his buddies at other studios and production companies and got them to blackball his targets, too. Everybody is involved right up to their necks. 

On the upside, this story kind of made my day. http://dlisted.com/2017/12/17/west-beverlys-finest-says-he-punched-harvey-weinstein/

Dun-dun dun-dun. Dun-dun dun-dun. Boosh boosh!

Edited by Cat

• Members

I had a feeling Meryl Streep pushing herself in the public eye so much this past year would cause backlash, not helped by her saying she had no idea about Weinstein, but targeting her this way is just counterprodcutive and makes me worry about where this will go.

Anyway, words from someone who really may not want to be speaking much on this topic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5192439/Sir-Ian-Women-partly-blame-showbiz-sex-scandal.html

• Members

So Glenn Thrush at the NYT gets to return to working there? For Jodi Kantor and the other women who have been assiduously writing on sexual harassment and the #MeToo movement, this can't be good news for them.

I now wonder whether whether some other media outlet will take up the mantle of reportage because many will now think twice about reading their articles (myself included) on the subject.