Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The silver lining of the TODAY mess is that we got Hoda out of it. I know that we only see their public personas, but Hoda truly seems like the real deal...warm, friendly and versatile. She can deliver hard news and later on make canapés with Kathie Lee. Hoda always had a special aura which has only deepened since she adopted her baby last year. She also makes Savannah look better. You really can tell that they have a true bond that deepened through the Lauer mess, and their on-screen chemistry was there from day one.

Plus, there's also the sweet justice that after years of using women to further his own sick agenda...a woman ended up taking his place on the show. The "joke" was on him.

I'm curious about the Sarah Brown situation. Good for her for speaking out.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Paul Haggis wrote or co-wrote all my favorite episodes of "The Facts of Life."  The show improved by leaps and bounds right around the time he joined the writing staff.  Ergo, it sucks to know this about the man...but, as always, I shouldn't be too surprised.

• Members

Also, talk about awful to hear--Ben Vereen is facing allegations of sexual assault during a 2015 production of Hair in Florida.

Apparently he has apologized for "inappropriate" behavior.  

Ben Vereen Accused of Sexual Assault During 2015 Florida Production of Hair

It's become painstakingly clear that we really can no longer be surprised by the breadth of this sexual misconduct epidemic anymore.

• Members

I think it has been so common and so widespread that it has become the norm, and it's not until this #metoo movement that many have realized what they have been subjected to, or what they have subjected others to. This is not meant as an excuse, but I think that some of the perpetrators really haven't realized that what they've been doing is wrong, simply because it's been so common. At least I hope that is the case, because I'd hate to think that there are so incredibly many sleaze-bags out there.

• Members

Awww, man!!! I remember his appearance on Wayne Brady's Let's Make a Deal last year. That really bites.

On a lighter note, Seth Meyers' joke about Willem Dafoe - and Willem Dafoe's reaction to it - at the Golden Globes the other night were hilarious. I appreciate the show of solidarity, but I wish the women hadn't chosen black as the color to wear. I would have chosen gold, silver or even red...something colorful and not so...funereal. Am I making sense?

• Members

I find the whole thing self-serving anyway, to be honest.

Not that it's an excuse, but he's a very old man, and many older men start to lose any reserve or coherency at that point. I do feel for the women who have had to deal with this.