Soap Vets That You Never Got Their Appeal

• Members

I'll stick with multiple Emmy winners only:

1. (by light years) Nancy Lee Grahn. first exposed to her histrionics on Santa Barbara. Stunned what she does is considered 'acting'

2. Peter Bergman

3. Tony Geary

4. Erika Slezak (she was Ok, but not tied for most by a female - a 6-time winner!) Contrast to the amazing Elizabeth Hubbard who was NEVER recognized for ATWT.

5. Sarah Brown

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never could understand the acclaim for Roger Howarth and Tony Geary. Especially Howarth, who was a two-trick pony...either a blank stare, or spitting out his lines when he was excited. Not exactly a vet, but in the same vein as Howarth was Tom Pelphrey, who was just awful on ATWT.

• Members

Also agree about Thorsten Kaye. Every time he hopped from one ABC soap to another, he ate up the screen time. Also agree about Roger Howarth. I had stopped watching OLTL by the time he and Hilary B Smith started and didn't return for a long time so I never warmed up to either one of them. But my biggest soap turnoff, literally, was Roscoe Born. Hated his Joe (RH), hated Mitch Laurence (OLTL). For all I know he could be the nicest guy but I just didn't want to see him on the screen.

• Members

You're welcome, boo!

How dare he say Queen Linda Dano and the Another World cast when that show stayed having stellar actors with star appeal from start to finish. You had Vicky Wyndham, Douglass Watson, Anne Heche, Stephen Schnetzer, Anna Stuart, Anna Hollbrook, Tom Eplin, etc. If AW did anything right, they had vet actors that had appeal. 

And Linda Dano's scenes playing an alcoholic ought to be mandatory for all actors to watch who have to play drunks. 

Archived