Soap Vets That You Never Got Their Appeal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed...great Lujack but fizzled after that...

Marcy Walker...she's up there...and her counterpart....A. Martinez

Michael Swan

Meg Ryan....and to this day as a movie actress I wonder what the appeal is.....Lindsay Frost was a better Betsy than her on ATWT.

Marissa Tomi ....an awful actress...dont get her appeal either

• Members

I would have say about eighty-percent of  "popular ABC soap star/vets" that would end up being hired on a CBS show. In the last three decades of soap viewing I hardly watched any of the ABC soaps so I'm not sure how they did there but the majority hired by a CBS soap i.e. Brian Gaskill, Sarah Brown, Eden Rigel, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Roger Howarth, Steve Burton, etc. all turned out to be epic duds. 

• Members

There are tons of actors I don't like at the moment. I'm pretty much over the entire cast of Y&R at this point, and that was my favorite soap. But for most, I can always look back and remember a moment when I appreciated them. Maurice was really sexy and magnetic as Nico/early Sonny, but he's calcified into a poor, mumbling De Niro impersonation for the last 20 years. It's laziness. Same for Steve. He actually perked up a bit in his last few months on Y&R

• Members

I never watched GH, but what bits I have seen.....Why was Tony Geary ever considered hot property ? He is campy as all get out. 

Eric Braeden has spent the last 40 years mumbling his lines and reading cue cards. Peter Bergman always sucked as Jack. 

I laugh when I see scenes with Erika Slezak and Susan Lucci. I see it as a soap parody.

Archived