Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Members

+1. It's easy to complain, and in today's climate everything tends to be skewing towards the negative. I've learned to take a step back (

Please register in order to view this content

) and focus on the positives that the show has to offer for the most part. I don't mind constructive criticism, but some of the hate on here gets downright personal at times and quite rude, destructive, and unhealthy. 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Indeed, Y&R has always had behind the scenes problems, they aren't new stories and there's lots of them. 

This is just so pathetically sad for Y&R. Mal is doomed, nobody can handle being Headwriter and the EP in charge of production at the same time - Bill Bell didn't do it and neither should Mal Young. Kay Alden should still be there to guide, if not steer, the ship. If she left of her own accord, then fine...but between the story of Sally firing her or CBS firing them both it doesn't sound like it happened that way. The retirement language is just as it was for that hack at GH - an opportunity to save face, but in classic Y&R fashion it's been handled very poorly. You have to give it to ABC: their public relations game has always been good.

Interesting to see several actors jump aboard with their mouths firmly implanted on his ass. It will be interesting to see where their stories might go.

I'm just thankful Sally and Kay provided some actual closure to the Kay/Jill feud. Those scenes a few months ago where Jill read Kay's final letter to her and gave her Phillip's ring were excellent and so desperately needed to provide closure. I'm thankful we got that and I'm glad it was Kay Alden who got to do it. I wonder what Jess Walton makes of all this - she has the advantage (and disadvantage) of being recurring, so she can return or not. 

The interesting thing will be whether Sally's husband, Tony Morina, stays on as a producer. 

• Members

1) Stop highlighting and copy/pasting tweets. If you're going to do it, at least do it properly in a way that won't look trash

2) Yeah, I'm sure the actors would shittalk the new HW. Because that leads to more story, right?

• Members

People like Sally she has history with the show

People love Kay

Stop with the Pratt stuff

Pratt is a hack who doesnt care about history

Watch his All My Children from 2008-2010 and you can tell

• Members

The cast -- ANY cast -- adores WHOEVER is in charge. They'd be stupid NOT to adore him, although the Twitter adoration is eye-rolling.

Why would actors go public about missing Sally? Do you realize how MORONIC that would be? No cast member is going to shoot himself in the foot.

• Members

Lord Have MERCY I'm tired of you always doing this. do you do this just to troll or do you really believe the drivel you post each and every single darn day and night? If I'm not hearing about ratings with you, you're kissing Pratt's tail, JP's tail, GT's tail, events are what people want.....the show has been crap since 5 minutes after CP and JFP were FIRED....Blah Blah Damn Blah. Give it a rest....

DAMN!

• Members

Yes.  And it's not random.  Tom and Martha were friendly/friends for awhile.  I met them about 5 to 7 years ago.  So it's not that random.  Martha either wrote a few episodes or directed at B&B around then.  But I won't bore you with my negativity.  I really really promise.  Best of luck to you.  I think about it, and when I look back at old clips I think I'm going to be disappointed because maybe Daytime was always this bad.  But when I look at old clips on YouTube I see that it really was good years ago.  And it's not now.  So it's time to go, and that's why talent and actors, actresses, writers, producers, directors - they leave.  I see it's time to go, and as sad as it is for me to say - I said goodbye years ago to soaps when the greats - Guiding Light, World Turns, Another World, and on occasion I would watch All My Children.  It really was over then, but the hanging on, I've really just done out of missing the genre as I knew it.  I keep expecting some old clips I see to age really badly, but they don't.  I honestly think, if they're all cancelled - wait about 5 years and then re-introduce a soap, and the kiddies will think they're seeing something brand new and never seen before.  I truly apologize if I seem really negative and adversarial, but it's just how I feel.  Much luck and love. 

Archived