Y&R Actor Possible Return

• Members

WHY?! That story was over and he hasn't had a place on Y&R in years! Also why are they still paying Christian LeBlanc and Tracey Bregman to do nothing? All they asses need to go. I understand they're long term actors but everybody has a time to go. They can come back later if needed but as of now they serve no purpose. Why is Y&R in particular so afraid to rest certain actors and explore different things? My god has the show hurt one bit from his exit? No!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really wish I would have voiced my opinion here and elsewhere that Kevin should have been killed off not given a s/l just to leave town with Chloe... I may have gotten lucky.. At times I see they sometimes say things on the show or have some things said or done that fans have posted....Maybe he wouldn't be coming back if he was killed off.  There isn't one good reason for his return especially he adds nothing and hasn't in years. His only purpose when he came to town was he was he tried being with an underage girl Lily and he wanted Colleen dead (she was a legacy character) which he almost succeeded at the time.

I also hate the fact Colleen was not recast but killed off but Kevin a worthless character was left alone...........

Oh excuse me he did add something and that is to be another criminal in his family on the show other than Michael and Gloria....Lauren is another one I don't like.

• Members

So disappointed he's being brought back. They made the right move cutting that dead weight. I guess the stans crying on Twitter helped his case.

To be honest, I've never cared for Michael either. If I were writing he'd be one of the first to go.

• Members

Actually you are right....I think to be honest we could write it better, lol... I know I get and know the history of the show. So much I remember from years past and just how they set the scenes to even the music played during the scenes. Funny how those little things can help the whole show.

• Members

I didn't buy it no matter how they wrote it. I know Phyllis' true character.

I also know how they assassinated Sharon's character which we all know was not true to her character. Sure there were things Sharon did that I didn't like (how she didn't care Victoria was married to Brad and she had an affair with him anyway). Marrying Victor and before that Nick caught her making out with Victor while he was married to her, she initiated it while Victor was on medication for a head injury....I just didn't like they made her do things most people know Sharon wouldn't do.

Phyllis on the other hand was always a bad person and fed on others weakness and she took delight in seeing people hurt. Not to mention she used to judge Sharon for mistakes me made but also now she is doing worse which is being with Billy, Jacks own brother. Phyllis disgusts me and Billy is no better which is sad cause BM wouldn't have gotten to this point when he was in the role back then. He didn't like Phyllis at all...

Lets not forget what Phyllis did with Kevin and Ronan (not a dirty cop) which they hid Tim's body in a rug and dumped it and got away with it and she also used Summers money to bribe Tim to keep his mouth shut. It was money she had in a CD account for Summer. We could go on about what she did to Cricket and Paul, Sasha Green, her BD sessions with Michael Baldwin and so much more.

• Members

it's interesting how a viewer can see the way one character is written as "assassination" while with another it's "in their nature" so you can buy it... let's not pretend that the writers didn't go WAY ott w/ Phyl when she was recast for a couple of years. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Agreed...It's just fun that we all have such good idea's and seem to know a lot about the show.

I guess for some it's how it is perceived. You have to admit Phyllis did terrible things and Sandra Nelson wasn't in the role Michelle was and she did do the horrible things. I will confess especially when MS was in the role Jack brought a better side to her. He made her want to be a better person and I liked that. Then she reverts and hurts him and others all the time.

Also most know Sharon wasn't having this bipolar (not even a well written or true to the bipolar disease, usually some stories are written well and informative which that was not) having her do things she wouldn't ever do it was total assassination of her character and what she would normally do. Sure she had issues like many on the show but what the have done to Sharon these last years is totally outrageous. There are things she did that I do buy but the last years, how much crazy things they had her do I do not buy she would have done. JMHO

• Members

ALL THIS. I also remember that scene where Phyllis scrawled "I hate you" on Sharon's mirror, then looked right at herself in the mirror and said aloud "I hate you too." It was a great scene (probably MAB's only good scene she ever came up with) and very true to Phyllis's character.

I think this is why I see Gina Tognoni's Phyllis as a completely different character. I kind of wish MS would come back (without devouring the show again) as Phyllis, and GT could be moved to Victoria. Tognoni would do wonders with that character.

• Members

I remember that scene like yesterday. She scared the daylights out of me. She dressed up in the maids uniform and broke into her hotel room. lol. I love the show but MS used to make me believe she meant what she was doing.

I do agree Tognoni could revamp the character if moved and she just isn't Phyllis to me.

Archived