Y&R Actor Possible Return

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just tuned in today after weeks, and Mariah kissed Noah's gf... I wonder if this is what has Y&R higher ups potentially showing the head writers the door? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I feel like Mal's the one who would be suggesting and pushing Mariah/Tessa but CBS lacks diversity in a lot of ways so they're probably clutching their pearls and bibles freaking out. Although ATWT was allowed to have Luke and Noah (not the most exciting but still). B&B lacks in this too. I mean it's the fashion industry in Los Angeles. COME ON. lol but I think that's more of a Brad Bell thing.

• Members

after YEARS of hearing "Noah, Kyle, Kevin coming out story in the works?" murmurs it was pretty amazing see Mariah kissing a girl. I personally think CG would slay the material, and would sooo be here for it but the second I saw the kiss it was like "OH!" after hearing rumours of the writers being let go and Kevin returning... Like, what better way to silence suspicions of homophobia than bringing back a GAY actor to the show. LMAO

• Members

It doesn't.

Please register in order to view this content

Really, nothing against GR. On a personal level I'm glad he has his job back. I'll even be just a little happy to see his face.  When it comes to the character of Kevin though I was done. I'll admit I think it's just a little bit funny that so many of us were celebrating the end of that character and he was back before you can say chipmunk.

There have always been gay and lesbian actors on the screen and behind the scenes. That doesn't make a lack of representation any less homophobic. No one would be fooled just because they brought GR back, but I don't believe that's why he was brought back at all. It's not like GR is/was the only gay actor on the show.

• Members

+1.

It's just his whole exit story was tied to Chloe not being alive & Bella keeping their "secret."

So how does Y&R resolve the little rapist returning to Genoa City while keeping Bella "quiet" and without revealing Chloe being alive?

The repercussions for Victor alone would be enough to ruin the show.

• Members

Right there with you. Gloria, Kevin and Michael could all go tomorrow and I wouldn't miss them. Though Gloria's worked better lately so I don't mind her as much as Jack's secretary.

So did LeBlanc pitch a fit about Rikaart going? Not surprised I guess. Mal Young must be a fan. Sigh.

Michael and Kevin had purposes they served and they never should have lasted as long as they have. I know some stans eat up the "they're evil but THEY'VE CHANGED!!!!" crap but Michael with the Christine mess and Kevin with the Lily/Colleen mess, neither should be walking around like pillars of the community.

Archived