Y&R Actor Possible Return

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make either Baldwin a romantic lead. Neither, especially Greg Rikaart is romantic lead material. Greg Rikaart had never worked in a romance or leading man role. He's barely good ass talk to. They tried the same bullshit with Spinelli, an obnoxious side character who someone decided they like BTS and said, they have to stick him in our faces. I hate both characters.

• Members

Listen, I could take or leave Kevin.  It's GR who I'm not crazy about.

I hate to say it, but I think I would recast Kevin with someone who was, well, hunkier and more believable as a romantic lead than bring back Rikkart.

• Members

To me Kevin needed to go and also stay gone. As a matter of fact I have had it with the whole Baldwin/Fisher clan for a very long time and that also includes Lauren. I don't see anything she brings to the show and I don't care how long she has been on. People longer than her have left and they actually needed to stay over her. 

She is just like a mannequin to me whenever she is shown and not even anything real about her character, it's like she comes out just for show not to mention doesn't dress age appropriate at all. Her character has basically nobody except the criminal family she is married into and also she has been an accessory to them.

They should have kept John Silva as an Attorney and I would also say they had Rafe who also could have been a useful Attorney and now Leslie.

• Members

I never cared for the Fisher Baldwin family dynamics. Michael would be ok as a sleazy version of John Silva, but I see no point in building a family around him. Mother, brother, father, stepfather, sister, son !!?? 

I'd rather see Leslie or Greg Foster as the resident lawyer. And Kevin is not needed at all as a friend for the lesbians, they should find some new friends. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I imagine that the reason GR is back is because he is Y&R's little gay mascot. He's a company man, and has kissed ass assiduously all throughout his 14 years on the show. Even though he must be 42 if he's a day, his height has deceived TPTB into thinking he can play a viable late-twentysomething, an area in which Y&R does not have a lot of strength or depth. Added to that, the same three stans have likely inundated Y&R with angry tweets since his departure. And I suspect Christian LeBlanc, Rikaart's sensei-master in the art of ass-kissing for perks, has been lobbying Mal hard for Greggy's return. 

I read in SSM's goodbye interview that GR pitched a Kevin-is-gay SL to Y&R, but that the show went with Mariah-Tessa instead. I wonder if his departure had to do with him pitching a fit about the SL getting passed on to someone else. Now he's apologized and promised to come back and support the story? (All this is speculation btw!) 

• Members

This makes ZERO sense!  The actress who plays Tessa is gay and married to a woman, so she can lend a helping hand should "VETERAN" scribes feel they need it.  Kevin is NOT gay, and most importantly, GR is not needed in ANY capacity!  Tell me a meaty story of a guy's woman messing around with his sister.  Give me SOAP and not a damn PSA.  Did we learn nothing from that Myron TRASH on BB?  

Archived