"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woo hoo!!! Though I'm slightly nervous about how outlandish Roseanne may make it and how political it could be. But I'm still thrilled it's coming back.

I also love that they seem to have a role for Sarah Chalke too.

I just want Johnny Galecki to be part of it! I am actually wanting to see this! Dan going to be alive OMG yes!!!

I think it might have been better on Netflix though

Pretty sure it's been said in other articles Galecki will take part.

Not sure if it would be better on Netflix, probably, but I'm cautious on how Roseanne will handle it.

Love that all the originals are back, including "the real" Becky. In true Roseanne form, Sarah Chalke will also appear as a different character (maybe a neighbor.. next door, living in the Bowman's and Tilden's old place; the snazzier replica of their own house... just throwing out fun ideas). 

I wonder if some of their peripheral characters, like Martin Mull's Leon and Sandra Bernhard's Nancy, will pop up. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

All criticisms of nostalgia TV aside, I'm happy if it caps off the show better than Season 9.

I feel like Season 9 was just a big ole middle finger to Disney/ABC. Which is a shame. I hope Season 10 will do the show justice. They also have to address Glenn Quinn/Mark. He went way too young

Please register in order to view this content

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

From the Upfront today

Please register in order to view this content

Lord as usual Lecy looks like [!@#$%^&*]! I didn't even recognize her. What's on the top of her head? John Goodman has not aged well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • Ben is a psycho and that's why I hate his behavior so much.  Because like I said upthread John, Bo, Steve have all done similar crazy things for their amnesiac ladies, but it doesn't come off so awful.   But it's probably because I assume they won't strangle their wives and I am still not convinced Ben won't.   I know nothing about it, but I would assume it's fine?  Is there anything in the works that could possibly replace Days?  A 7th hour of Today lol?
    • Quick question - that opening intro... how long did they use that for? Hadn’t that been around since 1981 or something? I’m surprised they were still using it in 1992...
    • A small part of me feels pity for her because she built her image entirely around physical appearance: the glam squad, the outrageous spending, the costumed designer LEWKS at every outing. Every detail on her had to be airbrushed, unblemished perfection. And now she is trying hard to keep up appearances on the glam front, but is slipping and HW Twitter is all over it.   Best case scenario: she has to shoulder a massive financial liability for years to come. Worst case: liability + prison. It's a slow moving car crash, and that's why she is willing to play the villainess on BH right now. That scene with Sutton was pure performative soap opera. If Tom was still swimming in millions, she would tell Bravo where to stick it, but she can't now.   Hubris, thy name is Girardi.     I did not see Porsha's Insta Live, so I imagine she is defending herself against charges that she is not really a social activist but more using the movement to burnish her own image? And that she didn't want to share the BLM limelight with Kandi or Kenya?   This is why Bravo's embrace of social justice has been a little shaky.  Because the expectation is that some of these women must speak from high moral authority. However, as we all know, these women are flawed. Porsha is flawed. Gizelle too. And social media jumps on any flaw and it overshadows the message sometimes. And because they are flawed, it makes us wonder... are they doing this because they care? Or for their own image?    I will say that I appreciate that Bravo is mixing up its casts and trying to embrace in its own superficial way.... I think many casts are all the better for it. And honestly, there were many things that were lacking on ATL this season, but the BLM segment was not one of them.
    • I don't think her name was ever Theresa Regina. It was Theresa Rebecca. Lloyd called her Rebecca, and Estelle called her Theresa. Everyone else (Travis, Liza, Stu, Danny & Ryder) called her TR.
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy