Y&R: Josh Morrow Interview with TV Guide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ironically, Y&R hasn't built too many sustainable storylines for their characters who were writers.

After they made Traci and Nina writers, each had one or two good storylines before being relegated to background characters then written off.

Wasn't Scotty made a writer several writing regimes ago? Who was at the helm during that time?

I see it both ways- had they not had the Ben/Stitch character, Scotty could've easily been made a doctor who worked in Afghanistan or Iraq, either in the U.S. Military or for an independent organization like Doctors Without Borders. That could've been compelling.

If Scotty is made a writer, they should've had plenty of other things for Scotty to do:

• Be a writing instuctor at GCU- then his interactions with new/continuing student Sharon would've had deeper implications.
  • or writing freelance for a local paper, perhaps uncovering some corporate or  financial malfeasance at Newman or Jabot, which would immediately cause conflict (for his mother who has merged her company with Jabot,  or with Victor who helped rescue him from the Middle East-even if he had, say a budding friendship/romance with Abby, that could be thrown into jeopardy).
  • or if he uncovers police corruption, which would put him at odds with Paul, maybe even Kevin (with Lauren possibly caught in the middle).
  • If the writers had done a thorough job on the Lauren/Fenmore's storyline, instead of the rush job that we ended up seeing, Scot could have written copy for his mother's revamped ad campaigns. (I rue how shoddily that Fenmore's story was written, there were so many possibilities for Scott and even Fen, to get involved in helping to save the family business!)

There needs to be more done with Scott than just being Victor's biographer. If the book is the end all, be all for Scott than this show will have failed this character.

• Members

Well I believe he was a writer back when Blair Redford played him, no? But I agree about him being a doctor. I didn't care for the kidnapping crap. I know they wanted to probably do a little bit of realism with our current climate but no thanks. And I rolled my eyes every time he whined about his driver and best friend. I also don't know why they haven't brought Nate back and have him work at the hospital. Or they could have made Stitch a kid of Snapper's (with a better actor). Where's Jennifer Foster? Melissa Claire Egan could have played the niece of Jill. Sigh.

So many people they could introduce instead of random nobodies who don't last. (I'm looking at you, Jordan)

• Members

I thought Blair Redford was just there...LOL. I half paid attention to Y&R because its been so bad for so long. Melissa Claire Egan isn't Y&R material no matter what character she played on the show. Certain actors have that Y&R mystique and she doesn't have it.

• Members

I've always believed introducing the now-grown Jennifer Foster, Charlie Harris (my chosen name for Snapper and Sally's kid) and Brooks Prentiss would be a great way to reestablish the Brooks, Foster and Prentiss families on Y&R (which I know many think wouldn't be a good idea, but whatever).  I only wish they hadn't implied that Charlie knows he's Snapper's son.  I wanted to be like Bill Bell and never let him know.

• Members

Age-wise, Brooks wouldn't be as old as Ashley, Traci or Lauren, since they (and Danny and Patty) were all teenagers, I think, when Lance, Lucas, Leslie or Lorie were worrying over who would ultimately have custody of him; but he'd have to be older than Victoria, if only by a few years, due to when she was born onscreen.

Questions for longtime Y&R viewers: when WERE Chuckie and Brooks born onscreen?  I know P3 was born in '76, and Brooks was born several years later (but, like I said, before Victoria).  But was Chuckie born BEFORE P3?  If so, where would that place him age-wise on the show?  Many vets who are on the show now first appeared fully grown, so it's tough to figure out who would be contemporaries of these guys (and of Jennifer).

• Members

I tried to argue this point that Chelsea should have departed with Adam back then because the story had been so tight that Chelsea would lose her entire purpose afterward. However so many on this board and others told me that I was being insensitive towards Egan and her career I couldn't win. Yet since the show has refused both Adam and Dylan recasts I do feel that choosing not to recast just complicates matters even worse especially when the show can't even produce viable stories in their absence. I can understand an Adam recast was going to be a rough one, but Dylan should have been stream-less. We're left with a throwaway scene that Pratt left that we think Adam is most likely still alive and with Dylan we know is in the witness protection program. Both stories are about as trashy as Skye's volcano death and it annoys me for both stories ignored a lot of already continuity between the characters. Whoever thought Chloe should come back should be fired. 

• Members

Off the top of my head,I think Chuckie was born in 74 and when he returned in 81 as sick tyke he was about 10? P3 was born after that,

Brooks was born early 79 but was aged to about 7 by 81 when Leslie and Lorie fought for custody.

The next baby born who is still on the show was Victoria so both Chuckie and Brooks should be a few years older than her,so in their 40s.

• Members

Thanks, Paul!

Chuckie (or Charlie) could work as a pediatrician, which would be a perfect way to chemistry-test him with women, since there are so damn many women with babies running around GC these days.

And Brooks could follow in his father's footsteps and become President and CEO of Prentiss Industries, as father Lance (who I'd have to recast, I guess) hands over the reins.  In my mind, then, Brooks seems like an obvious choice for Ashley...but I wonder whether, depending on who they'd cast, he could spark with someone like Cricket or Nina.

Although...Cricket might have her hands full helping Paul recover from being blinded in a shootout and fighting her growing attraction to Andy, who has returned in the wake of his best friend and former business partner's accident.  I dunno.

Archived