Plan To Save DAYS 2017 (SOD Cover Interview)

• Members

I wish there were a better way to keep DAYS on budget.

IMO, the only way to get a semi-decent show out of those conditions is just to forget about the methods that are typically used to gauge viewer interests -- with a show that's always going to be written and taped a half-year ahead, how accurate can they be anyway? -- and let the writers write without mandate or interference.  If the audience responds, they respond.  If they don't, they don't.

Of course, the day when Ken Corday leaves this show the hell alone will never come, so it really doesn't matter, does it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After I struggled laboriously to get through 1980-1982 (I still haven't, actually), I'm not entirely sure, but yeah, I agree overall. I just meant that, as someone here said many years ago, AW was considered to be "in crisis" for nearly the last 20 years of its life, other than a few years here and there. I guess the same was true of Loving. And GL. I think in the case of DAYS it is more annoying for people because it was so important to many viewers (in a way most soaps, aside from maybe AMC or GH, never really got that tag), and also because there have been times when people genuinely thought things were getting better only to feel badly betrayed (like a few years ago when the hype over the anniversary turned into a Horton being raped on her great-grandmother's living room sofa).

• Members

Oh OK. Now I get what you are saying; however, AW in crisis was still better than DAYS now. Even Loving and GL in crisis mode still gave us great stories. I don't even feel like they've tried at DAYS. The last year I probably enjoyed the show the slightest bit was about 2004. DAYS has not been good in my eyes for a LONG time.

• Members

I hate how Corday in these interviews always blame the "darkness", and how they are getting away from that. Some of DAYS best stories had dark elements. That's not the problem. It's all in the quality of writing. And I really wish someone would question him on WHY he always bring back Dena when she is hated by everyone else (fans, NBC, Sony). Bad writing on-screen aside, she is not a team player. There is always backstage drama when she is there.

• Members

I'm surprised I didn't find more... I may have a few missing. I put the one from 1993 in just for fun, even though I don't consider it a part of the whole "Plan to Save DAYS" annual tradition that's developed. 

Note: The entire second row is from the summer of 2011, in anticipation of the "DAYS 2.0 Reboot" that went *so* well... 

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, if there's a plan it might involve some stunt casting which never works.  Jason47 recently announced that a big name who was on both daytime and nighttime will be joining the show in August?  Now Carlivati has tweeted a photo of him with Martha Stewart.  

Archived