Y&R - New Casting

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That pairing never made any sense anyway.

Neil breaks up with his wife because she wants a career only to hook up with the most career driven woman on the show?

Victoria hooks up with a man who works closely for her father (despite hating her father interfering in her love life) while continuing to flirt with her ex who she (and Neil) knew she was never truly over the whole time?

• Members

It basically amounted to Neil giving Victoria support throughout her pregnancy/hold her hand, while it gave Neil some screentime/story. If they weren't going to do anything with it, this could have been achieved via a friendship and perhaps they could have given Tony & Victoria a chance.

And yet they draaaaaaaaagged that out, and eventually did nothing with it. 

• Members

I dunno. I think KSJ and TC work well together and have great friend chemistry, but I wouldn't want to see Nina and Neil hook up.

Of all the pairings Neil had since Dru, I liked Karen the most. But she left the show just when they were reaching their potential. And Nia Peeples was a fine actress.

• Members

Y&R missed the boat with Tony/Sharon & Tony/Victoria. Nick Scotti had loads of chemistry with both Heather Tom & Sharon Case (and by that point had established Tony as a solid non-psychotic rival for Nick).

However Tony's story essentially ended once Nick Scotti left (Jay Bontatibus was just a placeholder to play out pre-planned story beats).

Neil & Olivia FINALLY getting together should've been a HUGE moment for both characters but Y&R screwed them to prop Shemar & his latest pairing (Alex) flushing 10 years of intense character development down the toilet in the process.

• Members

Like every actress of color on Y&R NP was only paired with Neil because she happened to be of color.

She was also quite critical of the show & abruptly left when it was clear the writers had no idea what they were doing.

And yet the show had him & Angell Conwell all but having intercourse in the Athletic Club dining area.

Archived