Y&R - New Casting

• Members

I will always be sad that neither Tony/Sharon or Tony/Victoria happened. Nick Scotti was love. Would they have proceeded with any of those or a triangle of sorts if Scotti hadn't left?

And then Alex was gone a year and a half or so later anyway...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was definitely a Nick/Sharon/Tony love triangle being planned until Nick Scotti left. Once the writers knew he was leaving Tony was firmly paired with Megan until dying a year later.

Alex had great adversarial tension with Neil & Olivia but once they watered her down into a typical soap heroine she was useless. By the time Shemar left there was nothing for her on Y&R (despite being a partner in Michael & Cricket's law firm).

• Members

I always felt they wasted Alex. And it still burns me that Tonya Lee Williams was treated like a dayplayer and that she's not on the show. She really did deserve better. I've always liked her.

And this show keeps bringing on random black hunks but yet Nate can't get more than a cameo? What sense does this make? Oh, right, so they can try and pair him with Lily until they fire him.

• Members

Tony would have been some SERIOUS competition to Nick! A shame he left. That would have provided story for years (although Nick & Sharon certainly didn't lack for story).

What would they have done with Megan had Tony moved to Nick & Sharon's orbit? A shame if the Tricia stuff never happened....

Y&R will always be missing something without Olivia (and Dru) around.

• Members

I wouldn't believe that Neil would want to be with old ass Nikki.. especially after being with so many beautiful younger women like Hilary and Leslie. Neil and Nikki would be gross anyways. I cringed watching them kiss that one time.

Neil and Ashley is believable though. Who wouldn't be attracted to Ashley? 

• Members

Todays show was a snoozefest dull as dishwater..Old Nostagia is tanking here. i will give Sally and Kay more time. YR needs that modern day touch as well as going back to basics. i will say it takes new head writers time to develop their vision. Jean and Shelly needed at GH before their powerful writing hit the screen.

Archived