Y&R - New Casting

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A younger Malcolm coming in basically. I don't want him wasted on Lily and being some 10 minute obstacle for tired ass Lane like Tyler was. No thanks. That leaves Hilary unless they dare pair him with a white gal like Abby. I agree that Ryder won't last long though. 

• Members

I guess he could be angst for Devon and Hilary. But it goes against every rule of soap writing to pair an unconnected newbie with another unconnected character viewers aren't very keen on at the moment. I mean, it makes for a great exit story but that's  about it. 

I think it's safe to say, he's not for Hilary. Maybe you're  right and  they'd go there with Abby again. 

• Members

Exactly. Look at Tyler & Mason. Both of them were tossed aside after a year, and I felt both of them had tons of potential. 

I'm at this point with soaps, don't even cast for minorities at all anymore because they never write for characters like us anyways. I'd prefer for them to be frank and not even try at this point. I'm tired of my skinfolk being used as window dressing and talk-to characters. 

This is why I wish they'd woo back Davetta OR recast Lily. Christel Khalil has been a hinderance to Lily. 

Boogles my mind how Lily is the scion of 3 of the most pro-Black characters (Dru/Malcolm/Neil) on soaps, but she's never batted an eyelash at a Black man. 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived