Y&R - New Casting

• Members

Can't stand her Valley Girl ass, TBH. Lily looked so pathetic and juvenile as she was running around town last week grinning like a fool about Devon firing Hillary. I know they have a 'history' but it made her look soooo bad. What are you, 5? I preferred Davetta in the role.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In CKs defense, she seemed very excited about being paired with Tyler/RW. Her more vocal fans are the ones that's the hindrance. They cried racism to CBS and Sony and will do so again if Lily breathes the air of any black man.

It's odd to me because how is it racists for a black woman to be paired with a black man. But then they are an odd bunch because they also said that Hevon fans were racists for liking Devon and Hilary together. But I digress. 

Whoever the actor is will catch hell from them much like RW, MiM, now BJ does. 

• Members

No, because Lily's fans only want her with white men, namely Cane. But they'll take another white man. They feel Lane hasn't gotten their due cause they are IR.  And because Devon happens to be in a same race relationship that TPTB has decided that they care about just a little. They think it's racist for CBS to care about Hevon because they feel TPTB only do because in their words, "they are both the same race/black."  Supposedly they are more acceptable. lol

Side note: I think we all know that black folks come in all shades. I don't think anyone sees Bryton and Mishael as "different" from each other. Nor do they see Neil, Lily, Devon, and Hilary as such. At least I don't think so. 

• Members

Let's be real CK is a weak actress. They try writing to her strength, viewers either wanted her dead or back burn. Bryton & MM are so much better.

They know Cane is nobody, that's why these people was fighting for them.  If Cane becomes important these people will be saying he can do much better then Lily.

• Members

And yet they ignored the significant fans that Davetta gained during her stint on the show.

Y&R had NO use for Redaric & Lamon except for diverting attention away from the shows issues with race in the aftermath of the press taking an interest in Vicki's tweets & to quiet the growing group of fans who were wondering why CK had never been in a non-IR relationship.

Once the news cycle ended & the characters completed their missions both the actors were gone.

• Members

I remember them rabid ass Lane stans acting like Tyler was beneath Lily and labeled him a thug. Hell even messy Muhney took up for Redaric on twitter. If this new guy is for Lily then the same mess will happen again. The resentment towards Devon finally getting some shine and a love interest is idiotic also. I guess he was suppose to stay a talk to for Lily until Roxanne drops by each holiday. That "only Lily and her white king should get stories" mentality is ridiculous. 

• Members

CK has been hindered as a 28 y.o. paired with a 42 y.o. - it's even worse when you think she was in early 20s and basically Lily's freedom years have been swiped. The easy story (and I'm hoping this casting is a clue), is to have her model again as face of "Bare." Rekindle with Billy, send Cane off to Oz with the kids or send the kids to boarding school. Cane can fling with Ashley - they had some chemistry before ED was 'traded' to DAYS a few years ago.

The race issue with her pairings is an overblown myth by a small group of vocals. What difference does it make? I mean I feel for the writers - they can't win - if they pair an AA actor with another AA - 'oh, they're segregating all the AAs'; if the do an interracial 'oh, they don't want to show an AA character with a strong black man/woman.'  It's a lose-lose. 

Archived