B&B: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

They repeated Ridge entering the house again and into the kitchen......scaring Brooke again.....Bradley Bell at his best repeating the same damn scenes again so his favorites can get airtime. I won't miss this soap...just JY but he isn't even on anymore and is stuck with Myron.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I literally have this fear, that once I stop watching, I'll miss something good....as obscene as that is.....I guess I keep thinking back to when I stopped watching in 2013 after Stephanie died, for about 8-9 months, and I kept hearing how the show had improved (well.....at least they kept saying that on Daytime Confidential) and there have been some "UPS" from time to time, but this whole year was just a big ole mess, and I just don't know if it's worth it anymore...

• Members

One of the main reasons I still tune in for GH and especially DAYS occasionally, and not for B&B, despite its production values being clearly superior and my love for it bigger, is the truly stunning fact that it just doesn't really tell stories anymore.

It just repeats the same triangles, breaks up & reunites couples, throws in a takeover when it wants a few episodes' worth of story, and then repeats everything.

I feel the last time they bothered was with Rick's affair. Possibly with Liam's amnesia being a little different.

There's no big stalker mystery, or a kidnapping, or an enemy with a new face, or a longterm business story, or a big blackmail story, or anything like that. Not that that's the only thing you'd need but B&B wasn't exactly known for character drama anyway. But, essentially, there's zero variety. Fake stories, fake cliffhangers, and if they do happen to do something, they reset the characters right after.

As badly as GH and DAYS often do their stories, at least they tell an array of varying types of stories. They wouldn't dream of trying to get away with ONE, maybe TWO, stories forever. (Not to praise them too much, though!

Please register in order to view this content

). 

I just don't understand this insane laziness from Bell. At least make the damn effort to have a couple A stories, a B story, a C story. Rotate them, balance them out, do anything more than just 8 episodes in a row with one story continuously. My God. It's just painful, and I have no doubt the ratings (which are already slipping) will start to really suffer soon.

• Members

Again, if Bradley could just admit, he needs to step down and let someone else write his show (given the tiniest possibility they would be better) There could be hope for this show...

I feel the fact this show is seemingly protected from any shake up, isn't exactly a good thing at this point....

• Members

B&B's just filler by this point if I don't have any Y&R to catch up on. Late 2012-early 2015 when Rick became CEO was great for the most part, but everything seemed to go to hell after Aly's death. Personally, I still think it's better than anything that happened between 2003-2008.

• Members

There were bright spots, but I will never understand this panic Bell gets, where he has to drop everything and start recycling again.....

I almost hope one day, we get one of those interviews where Bradley literally breaks down and confesses he just "can't" anymore......I feel like that's been his current mood for YEARS now....

• Members

What really tells the story of what's wrong with the show (to me anyway) - is when I look at the episode counts by characters.  There's a set of 3 or 4 characters with a ton of airtime.  Then there's a dropoff by 20 to 30 episodes to the next group of 4 actors/actresses or so all with similar airtime....then another drop of 20 or 30 episodes to the next set of 2 or 3 characters.  A drop of 20 episodes per set of characters amounts to like 1 whole month less of airtime for each group as you move downward.

Which translates to the fact that Brad Bell can only tell about 1 or 2 stories at the most at a time.  Even for a 1/2 hour show you have to do better than that.  I told a coworker about the Maya/Myron storyline, and she was interested back when that was going on because she has a trans cousin.  But she had never seen B&B.  She tuned in for several days and then we were talking and she said...aside from the bad way the story was done...how do you even care about this show?  She had never watched but grew up watching DAYS and GH (two shows I never watched).  But she caught right on to the problem with B&B...she said....all of the scenes move way too fast - they spend 20 or 30 seconds and then cut to another scene...20 or 30 seconds then cut again to another scene...it moves too fast.  Are all of the shows like this now?  She said...it makes me not want to watch.  Sometimes shows used to move too SLOW for sure...but that is just WAY too fast for me to even care.  I don't feel like I would ever know any of these characters.  Just watching for a few days....I don't even care about this Maya character and they're not really giving me any reason to...?  She says how horrible her life is but then everyone just falls in love with her other than her parents?  That's not how it works at all. 

I was like....and Bingo.  There it is.  No development.  Too much pace for alot of things.  Along with just sloppiness. 

• Members

The Liam/Steffy/Wyatt crap has been going on WAY too long and we can see that it's starting all over again.  As was mentioned above, there are so many frigging Forresters out there that might provide a compelling story....but right now it is all SH*T!

Archived