What character was a favorite of yours until the actor playing the role ruined it for you?

• Members

Sadly, this was one of my first thoughts when I saw the thread title. She was such a favorite, until her stank attitude behind the scenes and onscreen lack of interest totally tainted the character. The fact that she didn't appear for the finale week (and viewers didn't cry foul over her lack of presence) is telling of the damage done at the end. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasn't she playing Harley-lite Taylor on AMC at the time? I was pissed that Brian Frons wouldn't let JvD come over for a day or two. Can't remember if they even tried, but remember that it would have been a non-starter with ABC. 

• Members

Cady McClain as Rosanna on ATWT. I loved the original Rosanna, as played by Yvonne Perry. When they started making the character bitchier, and finally recast her, it was 100% a different character.

• Members

Heather Tom - Y&R & B&B also nominated for OLTL

Justin Deas - has won for three different roles - ATWT, Santa Barbara, GL

Nancy Lee Grahn - Santa Barbara and GH

Rick Hearst - GL and GH

John Wesley Shipp - ATWT & Santa Barbara (guest performer Emmy - thanks AmyBrickWallace).

Maura West - ATWT and GH

Ellen Wheeler - AW and AMC

Susan Flannery - DAYS and B&B (thanks Khan)

• Members

Yep. Agreed. And that says a lot that Matt Ashford is still, by and large, considered the definitive Jack Deveraux since he was the third actor in the role himself. But the other two before him, James Acheson and Joseph Adams, were a blink and Ashford got the good writing, so it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ahh, what am I missing with him?? I remember him on GL, I have seen clips of him on SB and ATWT, is he really good??? He seemed so over the top and shouty to me.

Also screw ABC for not letting JvD do the end of GL. They made Ross stay dead. In my head, no body = not dead (which I usually hate, but in Ross' case I'll take it).

Archived