Y&R: November 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was wondering if the show was going to actually recast Dylan as they did put out a casting call that sounded suspiciously like Dylan (although others said it was going to be Adam or even Chance coming back). That said, I wouldn't mind Dylan sticking around if a much stronger actor was in the role. I've never actually felt one way or another about Burton, who isn't terrible but is definitely bland. 

• Members

I hope not....

I'm hoping that casting call was for Scotty!

Please register in order to view this content

it would make sense since this Marcus character is suppose to be a young journalist and Scotty was a writer last we saw him....

I think (or at least hope) they are happy with Gina

• Members

FOUR MORE EPISODES until Dec. 7. I commented the other day that the Y&R cast has been playing this drivel as pros, but I think a few reached their limit! Nick turning cold on Chelsea just did not work at all and JM/MCE weren't even trying to sell it. Same with the MCE/EH scenes and everything AH ddi today. She was waaay off the mark in those scenes. I'm no fan of her style, but I have no idea what she was doing. And I don't really hold it against her.

Re: Dylan - no objection to recast because it helps MS and DD, but he's not integral to the show. 

• Members

I've never cared much for the character but since Y&R's expended so much effort to establish his ties to the canvas I'd rather they keep the character around instead of Keemoing him away but ONLY if Y&R hires a talented actor for the role.

• Members

As usual, we had a big old episode of 'Blaming Sharon.' It is Sharon's Fault that Nick wants a restraining order. It is Sharon's Fault that Dylan lost visitation rights. When you are treading water in anticipation of the new regime coming in, you can always rely on this standard trope which has been in place over the last 10 years!

I haven't really watched regularly since early 2014 -- everytime I have tuned in, Amelia Heinle has been on, and everytime she sucks the screen dry with her astoundingly bland acting choices. This Travis person can go too. I also for some reason have a real pet peeve about the way Elizabeth Hendrickson says "Chrishun." 

As usual, MTS lifts any and every material she gets given.

Don't put that out there! 

Please register in order to view this content

Archived