Kay Alden back at Y&R

• Members

I don't see CBS getting rid of the AMC writers: Beldner and Hall especially.  Rebecca Taylor was AMC's principal script writer but I'm not impressed with her scripts on YR so far.  Especially this past week.  CBS likes Lloyd Gold; he's been around a long time, highly respected playwright, has done scripts, breakdowns and head written.  I like his YR outlines.  I think Conforti will go as will Thomson and Boyd.  

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think CBS pays that close attention to who is doing breakdowns and writing scripts. The HW will likely be able to frame the team how they want. It's clear from Kay's facebook comment that they aren't going to keep things more or less the same. She said they have a lot of work to do and if you plan on transforming the show into what it was, that's correct. 

• Members

I'd always been of the understanding that Esser went to B&B during LML's run because her contract allowed her to go there in place of Y&R...which makes me wonder exactly who her contract is with - Sony or Bell Dramatic Serial Co? 

Let's all hope that Kay and Sally have this music playing when they fire all of the useless ABC writers who've polluted the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjlfe-ETWSU

• Members

So here's a question: Does anyone think, that Sally and Kay will even undo Lauren and Jill being sisters?.....I have to ask because Kay was on board when they made Jill and Kay mother/daughter (whether or not it was because she didn't have the power to stop it) even if it was Jack Smith's idea, and to make it worst Bill Bell was still executive story consultant, even if his health had already gotten worse at that point.....

• Members

Kay Alden might be against undoing Jill and Lauren as half-sisters.  Remember: when she was at ABCD, as a consultant for AMC, she resisted undoing Josh Madden as the Unabortion, because she felt doing so would have required an even bigger suspension of disbelief than the one it took to make him the child Erica supposedly had aborted.  Ergo, given that Jill's origins have undergone two major retcons already, she probably would advise SSM to leave that story alone.

• Members

I've kind of accepted that the Jill/Lauren thing won't become undone.....but If I have to condemn Alden for one thing, again whether she had the control to stop it or not, was allowing Kay/Jill as mom/daughter to be green-lighted.....That's the one blunder of hers that ruined the whole Jill/Kay dynamic for years till Jeanne's death, even with MAB actually fixing that one mistake......so unless she's really against it, I agree that the Jill/Lauren stuff probably won't be changed...

Archived