Kay Alden back at Y&R

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show hardly plays it like they are related anyways.......I always think Paul is just yelling at one of his rookie cops or something......

man, just thinking about it, there is at least a novel long book of the damage that Sally and Kay need to fix, so I think our patience will really be tested for a while....haha

I was just thinking that! how nice it would be to not only have Heather, but bring Don Diamont back as Brad!, get rid of the damn Spencers on B&B and just write REAL Victoria and Bradski back in......

• Members

I enjoyed reading this thread for a couple pages, then all of a sudden it got ugly again -- with people weighing in on who's terrible and should be fired. Cripes, can't you just enjoy some great news instead of bitching? I swear a half dozen major characters were mentioned as needing to be fired.

i also don't understand why some YR "fans" are waiting until the new writers' material airs. YR has been solid and sometimes great for weeks, and the show looks just incredible. The writing is strong and dialogue pops. I'm loving the show again.

i say jump back in right now.

• Members

They should drop the brothers to recurring. Use Kevin when they need something computer related, instead of random dayplayers---having women fighting over him ... 

Please register in order to view this content

As for Michael, utilize him recurring as a lawyer like they do with Lauralee Bell. Put Lauren back on contract, split her from Michael so she can tramp around and get her fire back! Bring in one of her sons. 

\

No reason to ditch them completely, I'd rather those two than dayplayers in key scenes.  As for Snortoria, we're probably stuck with Heinle for good. I just don't see why they've pushed Villy so hard. 

I'd just like to see some quality storylines other than .... Victor Bad  but don't make him pay the price for his actions Part 8769......

• Members

I hate to sound negative but I think it's impossible to truly fix Y&R at this point, too much damage has been done. This doesn't mean Kay Alden can't make it watchable again, and I'm sure she will! I almost feel bad for her though because she is going to have so much pressure on her to return this show to its glory days. I can't expect her to work magic, it's not realistic.

• Members

I'm not too worried about interference. They've let the last few regimes do some extremely bizarre things so I doubt they'll interfere too much. I'm very excited now that I know Kay is there. They need to clean up the writing staff and hopefully bring the show back to it's glory days. I just wonder how strange it's going to be, especially for Kay, going back to a show that was so consistent, but that has changed so drastically. Where do they even begin? There have been so many retcons and bizarre storylines that I honestly don't know where you start when it comes to repairing Y&R. I also am very curious on who is going to remain important character wise. The show needs a major revamp in terms of cast. I would name names, but don't want to hear it lol. I'll just enjoy this for now.

• Members

I'm sure there will be some oversight or even micromanagement. But you don't hire these two people - after allegedly going out of their way to keep them out for years - just to continue not listening to them. Let's not be too myopic. It is obviously a sea change, whether it takes hold long-term or not.

Archived