Kay Alden back at Y&R

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Fantastic news! For the first time in over 10 years, Y&R is finally being steered into the right direction.  We have two old school Bill Bell writers and a newbie who has never worked on American soaps before........this could work!  I pray it does. 

Now just make Janice Ferri Esser (another Bill bell writer) the script editor so she can edit every script. 

• Members

I'm speechless. I am IN for this regime. Way to go, Mal Young! Let me know when the first new era episode airs. 

It's been 10 long years of horror and now we can wake up from the nightmare. I suspect Steve Mosko's exit from Sony has something to do with the ability for these changes to occur.

I wish Kay, Sally and Mal, along the the directing team (come on back David Shaughnessy and Mike Denney!) all the luck to revive Y&R and bring it back to it's 1973 - 2005 glory. 

And frankly, thank you CBS for hiring Angelica McDaniel. For whatever reason, she actually appears to give a serious f*ck about Y&R and what the previous regime did to it.

• Members

What exactly happened?  Didn't an ownership change at some point?  I once heard Sony purchased the show while others said they owned most of it until the 80s/90s then the Bell's purchased a large share.  So, did Sony buy it back?  If it was the same management as it was in the 90s and before why did the firing of the old regime start, basically, around 2006?  In theory could have they fired Bill?

• Members

I'm not sure, but if so there could be a slight chance they could return now.... I know Rudy Vejar was a director in the 80's when Sally was there, so unless he's retired or dead, maybe he could come back....

It's still a good move having Sally McDonald as director as she's been with the show a long time...

Archived