GH: April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maxie to Nathan: I don't know what/any woman would ever cheat on you? …maybe cause he is boring as )(*)&(*&(^(&(&…he has zero personality….I guess Maxie gets it good every time they talk about others problems thus the big question….LOL

• Members

Curtis has the same problem as Shawn before him - skin color. He's great, and with a dude that charismatic he could have anyone on this show but as usual, 25 years after Shemar Moore, today's soaps have no clue what to do with a man of color with sexual agency. I know the performer has talked about wanting to be "the black Luke Spencer," sort of an adventurous rogue, which is a noble model and a character sketch he fits well. But it's never gonna happen here because neither FV nor these writers nor the network as it's been have any interest in writing substantively for black characters on daytime.

Same thing with Andre, who has real chemistry with Anna. Or poor Valerie who could've been more than what she's become. (Jordan I'm just over.) And don't get me started on T.J.

• Members

I didn't miss Jason when he was gone.  I don't think I'll miss him now, if Miller finally gets something in pilot season.  The one good thing about the character is he brings a lot of people on the show into the same orbit, but that doesn't do a ton of good when the writers keep screwing it up.  There could have been some good drama between Carly/Liz/Sam/Monica over everything that happened, but it was just a shadow of what it should have been.

• Members

I'm far from a Billy Miller stan (nor do I think Jason needs to be on this show at all, especially the way they insist on writing him), but I cannot imagine reading a page of commentary about an actress being fat and everyone being cool with it.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of the body shaming on this thread, but I tend to just ignore it. You can't control what other people post. We have had women talked about in similar ways in the past (Kim Zimmer) for example, not that that makes it ok.  Like most things on the internet, I just scroll past what I don't like or don't agree with.

• Members

It's not. It's telling that so many modern TV shows continue to rip off past glories. There are good shows, but nothing on now can touch the best of shows like St. Elsewhere, or Hill Street Blues, or even Knots Landing (for the soapier shade of primetime show), and no sitcoms today come close to the best of MTM.

Archived