Y&R: April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Even Nikki's return to drinking is probably a done deal; brought back only to further prop Victor during those courtroom scenes. Anything and everything can happen to your favorite character, there are no more rules, nothing is off limits. That's Pratt. Sadly, that's not Y&R.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally abandoned. However, I'd rather have that happen than a DAYS production schedule where it a bad storyline continues for months because the writers 'think' they know what viewers want. Instead of Nick being in the thick of Phyllis/Victor/Summer, he's off on this illogical journey. Again, just like the lack of substantive scenes between Phyllis and Summer, no way Nick wouldn't be involved here. This reminds me of the Joe S/L and, obviously, Dr. Anderson, and how quickly those were put to bed. I wouldn't call it bad writing, though. In fact, I applaud Y&R for wrapping up stories that don't work - again - one just has to watch DAYS to realize the alternative is far worse. (I expect the Foundation to disappear soon - I have no idea why they started that one while they are trying to launch the Neville Lab.)

And I love the ideas of Hilary being Queen of the C mansion, but also getting Devon to take on the Chancellor name.

• Members

Weren't most people enjoying Dr. A?  Not the shitty retcon, but EB giving life to the character.  Chuckie set that story up a year before she showed up in GC, so that's not wrapping up a story that doesn't work.  That's bad - sloppy - writing.

• Members

I watch Y&R very sporadically 'cause I love Gina Tognoni as an actress. I have to say, this Pass Key storyline is kind of intriguing and got me tuning in a bit more often.

From what I've read here most dislike her but I love Victoria as a character :lol:. I also think the actress is really beautiful.

• Members

Since I don't want to jinx it by somehow revealing the hidden content. I've been hoping for this 'twist' in that story because it has potential to create some very interesting pairings based on what some characters know to be true.

• Members

Ameila Heinle does have her moments from time to time and did indeed look pretty classy the other day but has never been quite right for the role. Too victimized really. 

The Shawn story did feel quickly aborted. Actually now that I think about it, the silly Max subplot of him trying get Ashley with Stitch hasn't even aired in the last couple of weeks. I still didn't understand how the Chloe and her "hazelnut" story was quickly abandoned either, unless Pratt is waiting for the next Delia's death anniversary to do it at, Not to mention this past year's rumors have been so wildly off from what happens on screen--I remember reading back last year how Sage was really suppose to turn out to be Sandra Allen. 

• Members

When Melissa Ordway first started I mention that I thought she was completely unbearable. So now I have to give her her due for improving. No, she isn't the best actress ever, but her line delivery no longer pulls me out of her scenes. I appreciate people who work at getting better even if they aren't naturals.

I'm also glad they reset Hillary. She is so much better as a social climber.

• Members

IA, Hilary is much better this way.  MM is deliciously bitchy.

Michael is mad at Phyllis...why?  He agreed to the plan to "bring down Victor".  No one twisted his arm.  I guess hIs wittle feewings are hurt cuz he got caught. 

Whomever styled MO's hair today did not do her any favors.  It looked like she should have been part of the "low flow" episode of Seinfeld lol

• Members

Yeah we heard the rumor, talked bout it here in March, rumor started on DD and after PB/EBs interview I believed it, now I don't, nothing valid to take it seriously

BTW LOVED Nick and Sage this week!

Archived