Jean Passanante best storylines on daytime

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I should mention one story I liked...

Molly's return story on ATWT, in 2010, when she was with Holden knowing she would in his heart be second choice, and finally deciding to stop after seeing that Abigail was having an affair and settling for second choice, just as Molly had unwittingly taught her over the years. 

It's probably the only good story I can remember from her, and one of the few I can remember from ATWT's last 15 years on the air.

• Members

Passanate stories that I like with her at ATWT? 

-The Gwen/Jennifer baby switch umbrella story

-The 2009 return of Adam Munson. It was sloppy but at least was her one real family drama story that worked. 

-Henry and Barbara pairing. Or was that during Kriezman's stint? 

At Y&R: 

-Actually didn't mind the Russell family drama and mystery. 

-Writing out Chloe by having go postal and act like the true sociopath she is. 

That's about it. Her AW stint was bad, the vast majority of her ATWT stint was lousy and in spite of some moments here and there was always a deficiency. She got by at ATWT by largely coasting off of Sheffer's best work(which a lot was mediocre to begin with) and throwing in a few of her own ideas (Luke and Noah for example). However she lacked any sort of vision for long term storytelling and lacked respect for the history of ATWT just like Sheffer did. She fell into those lame villain of the month stories a lot(Z twins anyone?) too often. 

She was out of her league at Y&R. Y&R stint was better and unoffensive compared to MAB and Latham, but overall substandard and forgettable.

• Members

So many to choose from?  Apparently not, based on what I've read in this thread so far.  Overall, I am not familiar with either woman's work, but, while I'll say I've seen a slight improvement in GH as of late, it was not the monumental improvement that say, Doug Marland did when he took over headwriting at GH, or for another example, Claire Labine.  Perhaps the current headwriters could benefit from a solid story consultant, in the vein of Pete LeMay.  Of course, from the looks of things, GH is already having trouble finding money, so a story consultant would probably be a nice daydream but nothing the show could afford financially to have. 

• Members

If she created ATWT's Reid Oliver, than I would have to say that is probably the best out of what I have seen of her work. But even aspects of the Reid/Luke romance, were spotty and almost paint by numbers in their approach.  

She sounds like the kind of writer where actors have to try really hard to salvage the material and make something work. I am reminded of the David/Dixie pairing and how Cady and Vincent were able to more or less, make the storyline "work", but overall it was a badly written story.

• Members

Reid Oliver is an extremely overrated character imo. I didn't find him very interesting.

For me the ''best'' part of Pissy's reign was the second half of 2009 with Barbara/Henry affair, Holden disappearing (albeit for the 3000th time), Noah going blind and Meg going crazy.

My favorite character created during her reign was Jade Taylor hands down. I stanned for that desperate girl.

I almost quit watching in early 2005 because it had gone [!@#$%^&*] and only realized years later that's exactly when Jean P took over. Suddenly Carly had a half-sister? That awful storyline with Luke's kidney transplant... Keith just being there at all... ew..

Archived