Soaps worst recasts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AW: Rhonda Lewin and Lauri Landry as Victoria and Nicole  in 86.

ATWT:Claire Beckman as Sabrina, Roger Howarth as Paul, Jason Kincaed as Tom Hughes, Lonnie McCullough as Linc Lafferty

DAYS: CR as Belle and VJ as Ciara, 

EON Kerrie Emerson as Jody Travis. Should have just written out Jody, KE should have just been a new character

GH Camilla Moore as Anna, Danica Stewart as Maxie, RH as Franko, Bryan Craig as Morgan, Hayley Erin as Kaka

DYN Karen Cellini as Amanda , Robin Strand as Adam in the movie

GL... The Alan Michaels after Ric Hearst, Richard Van Vleet as Ed Bauer, John Bolger as Philip. I know he was popular, but I never got the appeal...

OLTL Grace Phillips as Sarah Gordon, Laurence Lau as Sam Rapparort, Tracy Melchior as Kelly Ctramer

RH all the Mary's after Kate Mulgrew...sorry, KM EMBODIED Mary Ryan Fenelli

PAS...Most of the cast...

Y&R Amelia Heinle, Michael Muhney, Sandra Nelson as Phyllis(she creeped me out)

• Members

Claire Beckman was a bad recast because she wasn't Mary Ellen Staurt….I guess Marland forgot that Frannie and Sabrina were twins. I like Lonnie as Linc…he was totally opposite of blonde muscled previous Linc..but I thought Lonnie was a better actor.

John Bolger was another one who was totally different from the previous actor. It took a long time to get use to his Phillip. The whole 4 musketeers went out the window though with him as Phillip. I don't recall but did he work with Mary Kay Adams? I believe he did.

• Members

Vivienne Giovanni as Ciara

Going back, Louann Gideon as Liza on SFT. She was horrible, including the southern accent

Jayne Bensten as Nicole Travis/EON.  The worst decision Erwin Nicholson ever made, pressured by ABC.  They should have retired the character.

Kassie DePaiva as Blair.  Beyond insulting and racist to replace a Eurasian actress with a southern white girl.  Never worked.  I always hated Blair after that. Love KD though.  She was sorely miscast as Eve as well

• Members

I respectfully disagree with both. I loved Jayne as Nicole. I ran into her one day on the Upper West Side about a year after she had left and I asked her why she left. She said it was getting to be like a 9 to 5, which I did not get, but she really cool otherwise.

Yes, the re-casting of Blair was jarring, but Kassie ruled as Blair. I did love Mia as Blair also. 

• Members

A lot... For example:

On DAYS:
-Guy Wilson as Will Horton was awful and has destroyed the character. 
-JP Lavosier as Philip Kiriakis. Why they don't has brought back Jay Kenneth Johnson?

On SANTA BARBARA:
-Eileen Davidson as Kelly Capwell. Firing Carrington Garland and replacing her with Eileen Davidson was a terrible decision. 
-John Novak as Keith Timmons. 
-Terry Leser as Mason Capwell. 
-Paul Burke as CC Capwell. 
-Margaret Michael as Santa Andrade. 

• Members

From the distant past:

--Wesley Ann Pfenning as Alice Matthews Frame on ANOTHER WORLD 

--Bennye Gatteys as Susan Martin Peters on DAYS OF OUR LIVES

--Jason Kinkaid as Tom Hughes on AS THE WORLD TURNS

--Wings Hauser as Greg Foster on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS

--Margaret Impert as Rachel Davis Matthews on ANOTHER WORLD

--Patricia Everly as Peggy Brooks on THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS

--Robert Hover as Russ Matthews on ANOTHER WORLD

--Chip Lucia as Tony Lord on ONE LIFE TO LIVE

• Members

Could you tell us more about Impert? I've only seen photos.

Geoffrey Scott as Billy Lewis on GL is always going to be top of my list, because I loved Billy and I tuned in one day and he was being played by this impostor with a fake accent and absolutely zero chemistry with Maeve Kinkead or anyone in his family. I know Jordan Clarke put GL through a lot but at the time I had no idea of this and I was just angry. He just SUCKED. He wasn't any better on Dark Shadows. Then Billy was packed off to jail. It seems like on GL poor recasts ended in lengthy prison sentences.

Archived