Soaps worst recasts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess Charity Rahmer is a given?

Anyhow on GH Bransford, Leslie Kay as Lois, Danica Stewart (I believe) as slutty Maxie, the girls that replaced Gia and Kristina (not Lexi Ainsworth) the other one.  I can't recall their names.

Days Stephanie Cameron as Jen and the guy who replaced Mark Valley as Jack.  Steve something?

• Members

I'm not a fan of the way both Passions and DAYS cast non latinos as latinos(but that's another thread)  but this was just exceptionally bad because they pretty much threw some fake tanner on him and had him onscreen looking Taiwanese. He was just a stark contrast from latino Adrian Bellani who had sex appeal. The acting on Passions overall was always garbage and by the end if you weren't in a popular pairing the audience really didn't care. He sunk the Kayguel ship .

• Members

…yes he looks Chinese or Japanese  or Taiwanese…doesn't look like he did on Y&R….I hate when actors use fake tan on themselves because it really does look fake and you can tell. Adrian was very sexy on Passions. He was much better than previous Miguel but thats not saying much…lol. The only reason I watched Passions was for Theresa and Ethan. Both Ethans were yummy but I tend to still love the original Ethan...

• Members

I thought his name was Steve Wilder, but couldn't remember.  I remember him showing up on Melrose Place and I was like seriously.  Stephanie Cameron was no Missy Reeves but Wilder was horrible and for him to just show up in a shower scene that Mark Valley started and he ended was so weird.

• Members

I never cared for Joshua Morrow as Nick. I feel a better actor could have been found.

Peter Bergman's version of Jack is weepy and whiney. I wish Terry Lester would have stayed. I wonder what someone like Gregg Marx could have done in the role ? He was excellent as Tom on ATWT.

• Members

He was an awful recast. I would have gone back to the original Nick. I wonder if he continued acting or not? 

I never cared for PB Jack. His version of Jack was totally different from TL. TL left because he felt Y&R had become the Laura Lee Bell Show…..and I tend to agree with him. Cricket was on 24/7 and she wasn't that great of an actress. I believe TL objections were ignored so he left.  I loved Gregg Marx on ATWT but never saw him on Days. PB was totally miscast as Jack. The casting directors should have continued with the search for a better Jack.

• Members

I saw some of Gregg's DOOL work on youtube and he was good there as well. I wish he would have continued as Tom and HBS as Margo. I wonder if he left after 2 years because he was from California and wanted to return there ? He said in a recent interview he loved doing ATWT.

Scott Holmes and Ellen Dolan as Tom & Margo never did anything for me.

Wasn't the original Nick as a boy played by Kay Alden's son ? Her Daughter played a teenaged Heather.

• Members

Marx was my favorite Tom. I believe he left after winning an Emmy for the role of Tom. I wish he had stayed. Even a single Tom with him in the role would have been great. Too bad they didn't make his Tom bi during his time on the show.  Marland at the time hadn't done a gay storyline until a year after Marx left.

I recall the first Nick being the son of someone who worked on Y&R at the time but couldn't remember who. It could be KA.

John Nelson is Kay Alden's son. He was on Y&R as Nick from 91-94. Then they recast with awful Morrow. I couldn't find a current pic of him. There is not much on him except for another short part he had in 2006.

Archived