@frequentsoapfan Seeing that clip makes me cringe all over again.  Passions was one bad soap. I had forgotten that Blair Redford was on Passions…to pass him off as a latino is comical.

I'm not a fan of the way both Passions and DAYS cast non latinos as latinos(but that's another thread)  but this was just exceptionally bad because they pretty much threw some fake tanner on him and had him onscreen looking Taiwanese. He was just a stark contrast from latino Adrian Bellani who had sex appeal. The acting on Passions overall was always garbage and by the end if you weren't in a popular pairing the audience really didn't care. He sunk the Kayguel ship .

…yes he looks Chinese or Japanese  or Taiwanese…doesn't look like he did on Y&R….I hate when actors use fake tan on themselves because it really does look fake and you can tell. Adrian was very sexy on Passions. He was much better than previous Miguel but thats not saying much…lol. The only reason I watched Passions was for Theresa and Ethan. Both Ethans were yummy but I tend to still love the original Ethan...

I especially don't like actors using tanner to try and appear more ethnic looking. 

I never cared for Joshua Morrow as Nick. I feel a better actor could have been found.

He was an awful recast. I would have gone back to the original Nick. I wonder if he continued acting or not? 

Peter Bergman's version of Jack is weepy and whiney. I wish Terry Lester would have stayed. I wonder what someone like Gregg Marx could have done in the role ? He was excellent as Tom on ATWT.

I never cared for PB Jack. His version of Jack was totally different from TL. TL left because he felt Y&R had become the Laura Lee Bell Show…..and I tend to agree with him. Cricket was on 24/7 and she wasn't that great of an actress. I believe TL objections were ignored so he left.  I loved Gregg Marx on ATWT but never saw him on Days. PB was totally miscast as Jack. The casting directors should have continued with the search for a better Jack.

I saw some of Gregg's DOOL work on youtube and he was good there as well. I wish he would have continued as Tom and HBS as Margo. I wonder if he left after 2 years because he was from California and wanted to return there ? He said in a recent interview he loved doing ATWT.

Marx was my favorite Tom. I believe he left after winning an Emmy for the role of Tom. I wish he had stayed. Even a single Tom with him in the role would have been great. Too bad they didn't make his Tom bi during his time on the show.  Marland at the time hadn't done a gay storyline until a year after Marx left.

I never cared for Joshua Morrow as Nick. I feel a better actor could have been found.

He was an awful recast. I would have gone back to the original Nick. I wonder if he continued acting or not? 

Peter Bergman's version of Jack is weepy and whiney. I wish Terry Lester would have stayed. I wonder what someone like Gregg Marx could have done in the role ? He was excellent as Tom on ATWT.

I never cared for PB Jack. His version of Jack was totally different from TL. TL left because he felt Y&R had become the Laura Lee Bell Show…..and I tend to agree with him. Cricket was on 24/7 and she wasn't that great of an actress. I believe TL objections were ignored so he left.  I loved Gregg Marx on ATWT but never saw him on Days. PB was totally miscast as Jack. The casting directors should have continued with the search for a better Jack.

Wasn't the original Nick as a boy played by Kay Alden's son ? 

I recall the first Nick being the son of someone who worked on Y&R at the time but couldn't remember who. It could be KA.

He is Kay Alden's son John. I Googled just to make sure I was right. His sister Conci played teenaged Heather during April's return. I found recent pics of her online, but not him. I think Y&R/CBS/Sony did Kay crappy. She wrote with Bill Bell from 1974 on.

Gregg Marx is a very good actor. I remember someone posted that he sad Bill Bell offered him a job on Y&R. I wonder what role it was ?

What do you want to bet it was to succeed Terry Lester as Jack Abbott?

Roark Critchlow was all wrong for DAYS's Mike Horton.  Too young, too bland, too boring.  Also, Susan Batten replacing Allyson Rice on ATWT -- that almost goes without saying.

Charity Rahmer as Belle on DOOL obviously, but assuming that is a given I would say with no hesitation Roger Howarth as Franco on GH.  He has show a complete inability to play this character as anything other than a continuation of his previous character from OLTL.  It's so similar that it is obnoxious and unwatchable.   Every grin, every time he laughed at his own humorless jokes, the random insults at people he had no business insulting...it all added up to FF button.   It exposed Howarth as someone who couldn't act.   All he could do is take his one-note shtick from role to role with no attempts made at playing a different character.   

GH also had a mother-daughter recast blunder with whoever they were playing Felicia and Maxie ten years ago.   The Maxie actress just looked like your typical soap sexpot, and the mother had the impossible task of playing a character whose defining characteristic is she is played by Kristina Wagner.   It is a role that cannot be successfully recast.   Recast at the same time just as you attempt a story revisiting the biggest story of the Maxie character's history, and you get a complete and total fail.

Roark Critchlow was all wrong for DAYS's Mike Horton.  Too young, too bland, too boring.  

his no shirt scenes?…hehe Just wow….hehehe

Also, Susan Batten replacing Allyson Rice on ATWT -- that almost goes without saying.

A nightmare!

GH also had a mother-daughter recast blunder with whoever they were playing Felicia and Maxie ten years ago.   The Maxie actress just looked like your typical soap sexpot, and the mother had the impossible task of playing a character whose defining characteristic is she is played by Kristina Wagner.   It is a role that cannot be successfully recast.   Recast at the same time just as you attempt a story revisiting the biggest story of the Maxie character's history, and you get a complete and total fail.

The Maxie recast you speak of is Danica Stewart who I posted about as a Jessica recast for Passions. She was on GH first and was so awful there someone at Passions decided to hire her lol. KS does nothing for me as Maxie either and hasnt. I feel like GH scooped her up right when she was popular(she had made a name for herself with DAYS and Disney) but she's just not a good actress to me.

KS does nothing for me as Maxie either and hasnt. I feel like GH scooped her up right when she was popular(she had made a name for herself with DAYS and Disney) but she's just not a good actress to me.

KS is an awful actress and makes a terrible Maxie. Now she is paired with an actor who was hired only because of his looks and can't act. Nathan and Maxie are such a waste of airtime.

KS does nothing for me as Maxie either and hasnt. I feel like GH scooped her up right when she was popular(she had made a name for herself with DAYS and Disney) but she's just not a good actress to me.

KS is an awful actress and makes a terrible Maxie. Now she is paired with an actor who was hired only because of his looks and can't act. Nathan and Maxie are such a waste of airtime.

Most of GH's cast is just extremely weak especially the "next generation". Maxie as played by KS has been played out long ago and should've stayed offscreen. They could've brought Serena back in her place.

ANOTHER WORLD:

Rhonda Lewin as Vicky after Ellen Wheeler departed..... 

David Canary as Steve Frame. He should have been a different character. Nothing against David.

Eric Scott Woods as Evan Frame.

Brian Krause as Matthew Cory.

Christine Tucci as Amanda Cory.

Also thought the guy on OLTL that took over the role of Seth seemed too old for the part. Steve Harris?

Granted the character was not needed, but Nicole What's-her-face that took over the role of Cassie Layne when LW left was completely wrong.  Completely.

I always wanted Roxy back.

Who are your absolute worst recasts on soaps?

Danica Stewart( Jessica, Passions) and Chrystee Pharris (Simone Passions)

damn. Thats a 1, 2 combo of terribleness. Despite their time on the show, they NEVER got any better. For what iot was worth, I found DS at least somewhat enjoyable when they had the character mirror the skills of the actresss.....tragic hot mess

Andrea Evans as Patty (Y&R)

Amelia Heinle as Victoria (Y&R)

Scott Holmes as Tom (ATWT)

Ellen Dolan as Margo (ATWT)

Any of the actors who tried to replace John Clarke as Mickey (Days). Nothing against Kevin Dobson & John Ingle, but Clarke played the role for 30 years and it was just weird to recast. The age difference between Dobson and Ingle was glaring.

Andrea Evans as Patty (Y&R)

Ha…I thought she was the best Patty by far!

I always liked Lilibet Stern as Patty, but she was a bit green as an actress.

Edited by SoapDope