DAYS Actor and Actress Taken Off Contract

• Members

Ned and Olivia was one of those relationships I vastly preferred when we saw them in a supporting, more likeable role. A little of Olivia goes a very long way.

I just hope if he comes back they keep him away from Alexis. Ugh.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The worst move Days could make was to allow Dena Higley to write for the show a 3rd time after seeing she was unpopular the 1st two times. I am not much of a complainer, but dropping Wally Kurth and Judi Evans after just putting them on contract and the firing of Greg Vaughn is very disturbing. The death of Will was horrible enough along with the quick no story development of Lani being Abe's daughter, and Bo's quick death after returning to town the day before. Do I think the show is going be cancelled? No I don't, but they need Sherri Anderson back as head writer or Lorraine Broderick. 

• Members

So Will's murdered. Bo's dead. Sami's off-screen until Sweeney needs a paycheck again. And now we have Vaughan out as Eric, Evans and Kurth off-contract so basically nothing for Adrienne and Justin ... damn. And not to mention Jennifer has been reduced to cameo appearances (not the most awful thing as she needs to be repaired and this is helping), Lucas doesn't get any airtime, Nicole is in storyline limbo and her prospects are slim (I'm hoping they pair Nicole and Irizarry's character) ....

Not looking good. Even though I'm more than OK not seeing Guy Wilson on my screen, Will shouldn't have been murdered and forgotten about (Ratings are down so BLAME THE GAYS!!! ... sigh) like he was nothing. His father was given a few bones and now mourns off-screen, Sami's return for his death was all about chasing after EJ and revenge on the DiMera's, Kate was too busy holding business meetings in the pub to remember her grandson and now she gets to bang her ex-lover's father. Great stuff here.

I'm not that sad about Justin and Adrienne. I feel terrible for Wally Kurth and Judi Evans, but sadly they're probably used to this. I've never really developed that attachement to Justin and Adrienne and always sort of found them as placeholders. The writers they've had in their returns really never gave them anything worthwhile though. Judi Evans turns in great work and I've always liked Kurth. But this isn't that much of a loss to me. It's just the idea that they're now dumping a lot of characters that have better ties for newbies that have newly created ties.

If Doug and Julie go back on a cruise I'll probably riot. DAYS is starting to lose my interest again even if the writing is ten times better than Tomsell.

Higley coming back was a biiiig mistake.

I mean, wasn't there a petition last time to get rid of Higley? A petition that worked. If that doesn't tell you what the audience thinks ...

• Members

This (and by this I mean taking them off contract and the general state of the show) is no surprise at all. The show was always going to get it somewhat right for the first months and it will soon plunge into darkness. There is no doubt, so I hope the Soap Gods pull a miracle.

• Members

Years ago when she was playing Bonnie she left and then turned right around with very little downtime and appeared as Adrienne, and I was so impressed with her for that.  Two very different roles but she changed her mannerisms a little, her hair, and she sold it.  I don't think most of the actors on soaps could do that.  Finola Hughes could, and then I am starting to draw a blank.

Archived