Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Im so over weepy Hope. She literally got married yesterday and now trying to move on to Bo. I get her pain but the hysterics, crying, shutting down, etc....isnt enjoyable to watch. And then we are going to have to deal with Bo's death. Who thought such a depressing storyline was fitting for the 50th Anniversary?

Puke to Rafe

Steve and John are too damn old to be acting like James Bond

I really didnt think we would be seeing Sami in her own storyline. Again unless James Scott is returning, what is the point of this? BTW, Stefano got the company back a while ago. Why would Andrew think that Sami's passcodes and numbers were still active? Why wouldnt Stefano have had that changed?

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been watching 1980s DAYS on YouTube since Saturday, by accident. [I was looking for last weeks episodes of DAYS and just bumped into almost every 80s episode there is]. I wish I had the restraint to watch only like two videos a day because it's been taking my mind off my personal life grief for a little bit each day.

Speaking of old John and Steve doing PI shtick, I ended my viewing last night with these scenes which are of young Steve and John (and Hope) doing their PI thing.

Is Steve staying long term?

• Members

Thanks.

So, I think I may start watching DAYS again for a bit. I like the return of the old.

I feel they started this Bo story off on the wrong foot, from making Aidan a big villain to making Bo a victim (kidnapping), and straight through making Hope a victim. The story IMO would have been much better with a whole lot of different decisions. Bo has shown a tendency to put adventure over family but as long as Bo didn't cheat they could have brought Bo back sooner (i.e. he was staying away to protect family) and had Bo and Hope work against their attraction only to lose ... only to get his diagnosis after they decide they can't live without each other (again). They could have kept Aidan viable for Hope in the background. I'm not impressed but I'm also not really invested so I'm also not really irritated.

It would be nice if the writers not so subtle Rafe/Hope nudging isn't a sign of things to come. I much rather see Hope gravitate to Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena's story for a while until Rafe and Hope just happens to happen in the background of that. Sort of like Steve/Kayla, Shane/Kimberly initially began in the background of Bo/Hope dictated drama.

• Members

Toups, everything, everything is on YouTube. I've mostly been strolling the Hope stuff but everything is there from the 1980s. You got to get to watching before Sony decides to go on a delete hunt.

Another perfectly timed end credits is in this as Bo is about to finish the job and take out Steve's other eye...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O3gLwTJiO4

• Members

I'm not here for a show where Aiden gets killed on Monday and then Bo finds out he's dyin' too on Friday. I made allowances for this kind of pacing on AMC and OLTL 2.0 on Hulu because they were 30-minute shows and just finding their way, but DAYS is an hour show that's been on 50 years. Peter Reckell has been airing months, they couldn't have let this reunion hang for a bit and have some good times with Bo and Hope before they had to off him (if they absolutely had to)?

It's stupid, as is the Sami/Andre insta-subplot. Andre kidnaps Sami on what, Tuesday? Interrogates her Monday? Now Marlena knows all about and puts a stop to it the next Tuesday? What's the point of this [!@#$%^&*]?

It's so [!@#$%^&*] rushed and sloppy. There's good [!@#$%^&*] on this show but it's rushed no hour show has any excuse to be. And no, I still don't give a !@#$%^&*] about Rafe.

Oh, and Ciara: Still the worst!

Archived