SOD Blind Item

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Despite the past couple years and their general dissatisfaction with their storyline, the longtime actors on this show still show a lot of support and want the show to succeed and continue to air. I'm not surprised if a lot of them, even the returning ones, are recurring. Haven't people like John Aniston and Bryan Dattilo been recurring for years?

• Members

With a show like DAYS that clearly is barely scraping by financially, it makes complete sense. If you look at current cast, there are only nine I'd keep on contract: KA, LK, JL EM, KM, CM, MR, GV and AZ. OK, I'll make it 10 and keep SC because I like him, but Daniel, not-so-much. All the rest could go on recurring. The vets who are coming back aren't going to bring in the demo ratings, which is what matters (even 25-54).

• Members

I would think it's DAYS, particularly based on the returning vets for the 50th anniversary. The cast members who have consistent appearance numbers are the ones you can bet are still on contract, but those who rotate on and off the front burner are likely recurring. John Aniston has been recurring since 1999. Bryan Dattilo has been recurring since 2012. Judi Evans, Wally Kurth, Mary Beth Evans have all been or are recurring and received decent writing and storylines. I can't imagine that Josh Taylor, Peggy McKay, James Reynolds are on contract at the behest of Ken Corday for anything except an issue: health insurance.

Recurring is really only a problem, aside from inconsistent income if the show doesn't know how to write a balanced cast, in one issue: health insurance, those who are recurring don't get network or Sony health insurance. Of course, they still have their SAG-AFTRA insurance, but it isn't the same.

• Members

Have been.

SOD reported a while ago that JE, WK, and MBE are back on contract on sure. It was part of the reason RC had to finally write WK's Ned off of GH after two years (?) of Wally (and same with ED at Days/Y&R) rotating between Days and GH.

Archived