GH: The Big Announcement? A return!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to see them take her out of that catatonic state! I would also love for them to do something more productive with Laura, definitely see her help Luke return to a better mental state of mind and help him rebuild. They don't have to put them back together right away, but it would be nice for their storylines to intertwine. Then from there, have her work with the hospital in the psychiatric wing, maybe as a counselor. I would love for some old sets to return as well like some of the restaurants and other places where characters gathered instead of it always being the MetroCourt (a set I'm so tired of seeing, like there's no other upscale place to go) and Kelly's, which I used to love but no main character runs that place anymore, I think! I remember back in the day when Kelly actually ran it and then Luke worked there and then a few other characters. My point is in order to restore the community feeling back into the show, it's time to place characters back in the community running some of the old businesses that characters used to run back in the glory days. Also flush out some of these characters more. I like the fact they have brought on Audrey Spencer, but don't bring her there to interfere with Lulu and Dante. But give her something else to do and let's truly work on building romances and adventures. Less mob stories and more character driven stories focused on the romance and drama of the hospital and then outside places. I want families to be reestablished and rebuilt like the Quartermaines, Spencers, WEBBERS, HARDYS, Scorpios, Baldwins, Donelys, etc.

• Members

I'd like to see Laura repair what must be fractured relationships with her children. I'd like to see Laura re-establish herself in the workplace -- if not at Deception, then maybe at the hospital. Better yet, I'd like to see Laura go to college and work on building an existence that doesn't revolve exclusively around Luke, Scotty, dark family secrets, catatonic or fugue states, second-rate Mafiosos and OTT super-villains whose ideas of "fun and games" include mind-control, weather machines and cryogenic chambers.

• Members

When she was working on being a counselor in the late 1990's, and was trying to help troubled teens, it was the most authentic career they had her attempt. I hated seeing Sonny and Carly get the best of her at Deception the first time she ran the company with Carly.

My wish is that of course she can have scenes and tension with Luke, but I want her to be involved in other things and with other people too. She has a huge heart, but Laura was also impulsive and fiesty and is a grown woman. I don't want to watch her cry about Luke anymore.

• Members
Neither do I. I want Laura to have a mature romantic relationship for a change; and I want it to be with someone OTHER than Luke [!@#$%^&*] Spencer or Scotty [!@#$%^&*] Baldwin. (Yes, be there to help Luke through this latest ordeal but don't let it go beyond encouragement and support.) It isn't 1977 anymore. Genie's heart isn't in it, Tony's heart isn't it, and frankly, my heart isn't in it either.

I actually like the idea of Laura going to work as a counselor and/or social worker. Given her temperament AND her history, it makes the most sense.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived