GH: The Big Announcement? A return!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm happy for her fans, but I can't look forward to more of prom queen Lulu chirp-whining about her life, or Laura having to watch Luke flail around in his own [!@#$%^&*] as Tony Geary gives her the evil eye. And Nik and his little wretch of a son are a waste of time.

These characters suck with or without Laura. They have on every return. I can't imagine why that would suddenly change.

I just wish they'd have Lesley come back...

• Members

I assume Tracy is going to get the rock for Laura. Ron loves to do that - set up someone as a person's true confidant and then subvert it when the bigger fish returns. He's done a lot of characters a disservice in that way, but Tracy has really gotten ill-served in the last year-plus and deserves better. That being said, Laura and Lucky should've been part of this terrible story from the beginning, and Laura is the only one who can help him, IMO.

I do hope that whatever GH promised her this time, Genie got in writing as much as possible.

• Members

I will NEVER understand why fans of characters/actors so fervently wish they return when the writing/producing sucks so much.

Like, this is yet another character that's going to be (further) destroyed. Is it worth watching that just as long as one's favorite is on screen?

Maybe it is. I just don't get it.

Let's hope a miracle happens, and Laura does OK. Hopefully she'll be in and out, too quick for any real damage.

• Members

No one will help Luke because Geary doesn't want him to be helped. If they didn't even stop Geary from having Luke drink after he killed Liz's son (not going to say he was Luke's grandson or Lucky's son since the show made sure we knew he was never treated that way), they won't stop it now.

• Members

It's not the same show that it was back then, in both good and bad ways. And while Geary loves to be a provocateur for publication or in on-camera interviews and talk about how Luke is the root of all evil, I do think the (bad) story they're telling with Luke onscreen paints a somewhat different if ridiculous picture of the character.

Also, if he is retiring, then we know why she's here.

• Members

Geary's ad-libbing drinking is the same show - he started doing it with Ron and Frank.

If he is retiring, then it makes me feel sad to think that Laura is coming back to leave with a man who cheated on her with hookers and with his best friend's wife throughout their marriage.

Archived