Fuller House

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What this article says they do regarding Michelle in the pilot is nasty. I'll wait until I see the moment but it sounds so awkward and mean.

Not to mention "we only need one of them."

What they NEED is to fυcking let. it. go.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

In the pilot episode, Danny (Bob Saget) explains why Michelle isn’t present for a family gathering — she’s busy with her fashion company in New York — after which the original cast members break the fourth wall and stare into the camera for several long, and almost awkward, seconds.

The glaringly obvious nod to the fact that the Olsen twins would not be involved in the project aside, creator Jeff Franklin insisted it “wasn’t meant to be a dig,” he told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday. “It was meant to be a playful wink.”

This is just ludicrous. I'm flabbergasted that they're going to waste time in their pilot episode on this type of dig (and that's what it is). They have zero faith in their own product. They are basically saying, in the most important episode a show can have, that they are only interested in the Olsen twins and want other people to feel the same way. I guess most of the people working on this show are just happy to be paid, because otherwise I'm surprised none of them spoke up. 

This show has some of the worst PR I can remember for any revival. Stamos being arrested, Cameron showing the world what a dumbass and a hatemonger she is, and the obsessive need to go on and on and on about two women who have no obligation to the show and have been polite by not saying anything when they've been goaded in the press for a year now. 

They're lucky that they're on Netflix and ratings don't matter, because they haven't given anyone one reason to watch their show. Not one. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It's beyond ridiculous. Why is that necessary? And denying that it's a dig is absurd.

I can't honestly believe that the show would get good ratings if it was on network TV (unless, by some miracle, it's truly fantastic), especially not with this whole mess and their truly unstoppable obsession to keep talking about the Olsens over and over and over again.To take it to the point that they have a bit in the pilot was not something I expected. It's sickening.

• Members

i do think that the show wanted Michelle as a regular & wanted to help DJ raise the kids but the Olsens dont wanna act, period. So recast or let it go. Doing this dig at them aint gonna make either of them do season 2. Jeff Franklin is an !@#$%^&*]

• 2 weeks later...