Fuller House

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So, the show was and isn't for everyone. But I sort of roll my eyes at the 'bad' reviews because it comes off as "the cool thing to do" by trashing the show. It's actually fairly funny and I'm already on Episode 7. Yes, I'm a sick person. It's a rough start, but it starts to flow well later on.

It's exactly what a Full House continuation should be. The cheese is there, Stamos hamming the camera is there, it's a nostalgia filled fun time.

The pilot/reunion is basically the finale the show should have had.

The kids are well cast. Danny Tanner remains a neatfreak with a hot wife. Him and his grandson Max cleaning together is cute. There's a Comet Jr. Jr. and now a Cosmo. Stephanie's still spouting off How Rude! and they capture everything about Joey in the pilot and the episode where he babysits the kids (I think Episode 3).

Stamos returns in the second episode with more hamming and winking to the camera, but they capture Jesse as well with his Elvis loving.

I'm not seeing any chemistry with them forcing the very good looking John Brotherton on Candace Cameron Bure. It's not working. Meanwhile, Weinger and Bure have instant chemistry again. Steve still carries a torch for DJ and they make it obvious (Steve returns in Episode 7). And they touch on his love for food.

They drop a surprising real bomb about Stephanie. But it's a few hugs and they move on, which is fine. But it sets up the character.

Andrea Barber slipped back into Kimmy Gibbler like it was nothing. All three women do a good job recapturing their characters. And the love/hate between Stephanie and Kimmy is thankfully still there (and touched on again in Episode 6 ... just throwing this out there: "The Gibbler Gallup"). Soni Nicole Bringas as Ramona is great. She has great timing and does a really good job. And Kimmy's lothario ex Fernando is sort of hilarious at times.

Basically if you love Full House, the show captures everything about it and is what a reunion show/continuation should be. JMO. Tons of nods and play on nostalgia.