Fuller House

• Members

Well, I loved Bloodline, Daredevil and Jessica Jones among other things but that's me. My advice to anyone wanting Netflix: Take the 30-day trial, try the programming out, see for yourself. Same goes for Amazon or any other similar service.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Netflix is the only "network" left that gets me excited when they announce a new project (speaking of which please watch this trailer for The Get Down, it looks phenomenal). Like with all things, anywhere, ever, their work can be hit or miss but it's mostly been hit for me (Love and Master of None left me feeling empty and disappointed). With their dramas I feel like I'm watching a complete thought if that makes any sense. A lot of network dramas leave me thinking "Well, they needed to fill 42 minutes this week".

I finished the season this morning. It was such an enjoyable watch. I thought FH was cheesy even as a kid, I thought the Olsens looked like troll dolls, but it was a staple of my childhood so yes I got emotional at times. But also the show gets BETTER as it goes along. If you thought the first episode was complete cheese and had too many references to the original series just keep watching, they reign that in and give you a very classic sitcom. I'd highly recommend it, it's brain candy. Lots of nice people having fun, I can't complain.

• Members

I just skimmed through the premiere, and I really have to agree that they hit all the right notes in making it in the spirit of the original series while making it its own thing. The key to a good sequel series is making sure the new show has the same feel and tone of the old show, and that's where so many sequels have failed (mostly looking at you, Dallas, Melrose, and Charlie's Angels). It's obvious that the people behind this show did not care about trying to make FH fit the current TV comedy zeitgeist, and that's why it'll most likely work.

I've never been a Stephanie fan because I thought she was an obnoxious brat, but I am in LOVE with the idea of her as the semi-irresponsible, DGAF live-in aunt. I need to watch the whole season before I go any further, but they could really do some good stuff if they go with a Stephanie-the-f!ckup vs. perfect-DJ narrative.

Too bad Nick and Alex's fine asses aren't regulars.

I completely agree with this. We've gotten so much overhyped bullsh!t trying so hard to be so seriously dark and brooding. It's nice to see something that is clearly not trying to follow that lead and succeeds in being exactly what it is. I have a lot of respect for shows like that, even if they're poorly done.

• Members

How Netflix almost went in a different direction when it came to the Tanner House:

http://www.people.com/article/fuller-house-without-tanner-home-how-it-almost-went-different-direction?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

John Stamos has strong feelings about the Fuller House set.

As he tells PEOPLE, "To me, the house is a character, you know?"

We do. So it came as a great surprise to learn that a recreation of the Tanner family's San Francisco home was not always going to be the set of the Netflix spinoff.

"There was a lot of talk about contemporizing it even up until the very end," says Stamos. "A lot of people wanted the girls living in this high-rise apartment thing, Sex and the City talk. And we were like, no, no, no, no."

"When we started pitching it, we said we'll start the show at the new house that D.J. has been living in with her children," adds executive producer Bob Boyett. "At some point, we'd probably have the whole cast together in a reunion thing over at the old house. Then we went, what are we talking about? The set is as important a character as any of these characters. Of course they're going to live in the old house!"

• Members

I mean, I was citing those programs as good ones that are worthwhile but I think we can both agree that FH understanding its trite [sic] and true formula and embracing it is a very different side of television these days, and IMO a sane counterbalance to everything else that is either very good, very modern or simply trying too hard.

And yes, I'm disturbed that Nicky and Alex grew up hot.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wonder what is up with Bob Saget's voice. It sounds different

Yes they do. They need to stop with the Matt stuff and put DJ and Steve together already given the response to the pairing. I mean people were upset they thought Steve was DJ's husband that had died till it was confirmed otherwise. I mean people are clamoring for them to get their "happily ever after" so to speak.