ALL: Stories that had no consequence/movement.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Tony going insane when I thought the end of the two years worth of pain was going to pick him back up and rebuild his life. Instead it was used to push him off the show and make Carly a heroine. I always appreciated that Sarah Brown played against that. She kept the negative aspects of Carly right there even when you also cared about her.

• Members

What about Bobbie marrying Stefan and the Cassadines taking over the hospital? That went nowhere as I recall. Also, I can't remember what was in that faberge egg thingy Nikolas gave Lulu and Stefan wanted back so much? Genie's never ending maternity leave and dislike for her storylines at that time really derailed some things. Remember when Guza came back and told Michael Logan he would do anything to get her back?

All this between the Guzas talk has me missing the show from his original run.

• Members

In hindsight, I wonder why they just didn't do a temp recast due to Genie's extended maternity leave. Laura's absence just kept certain stories at a total standstill. Maybe it would offended her, but at least things would have moved a bit faster. Having said that, her work when she finally returned to the show in the spring of 1998 (revisiting the rape) should have gotten her an Emmy - and Becky Herbst should have won in 1999 as well.

• Members

Somehow I guess I overlooked this topic!

ATWT: Carolyn Crawford mystery, Scott missing in Mexico, Colin Crowley, Nikki Munson's return, Ben&Lien pairing, Sarah Brown's Julia

AW: Jake's return from the dead in 1995

B&B: Maggie/Dylan/Jessica and Michael the female roommate, Amber's 2002 miscarriage and her twin April are just a few that come to mind.

Days: Roman/John and Diana, the agony of Jack&Jennifer, anything from Reilly's 2003-2006 tenure

GL: Bess Lowell, Roger vs Ben Warren, Signey Coleman's run as Annie, Bill&Pilar, any affair Marina embarked on.

Loving:The mystery surrounding Jack Forbes' strange, presumed death.

Y&R: Clear Springs is the first that comes to mind but I'll toss in the 2010 masquerade ball and the 2014 winter charity event.

• Members

On B&B, the examples of stories without consequences are endless.

On B&B in the 90s/00s, there were many instances where characters flirted with each and the audience thought they were going to be paired up, but it lead nowhere.

Examples would be Clarke and Brooke, Lauren and Ridge, James and Stephanie, Donna and Ridge, or Taylor and Eric (they ended up together two decades later, though).

In 1999, they introduced the photographer Giovanni (played by Victor Alfieri) who was a contract role. He flirted with both Brooke and Macy, but nothing ever happened between them. Then he had a little story with Clarke fighting for Morgan's affection which lasted for about two weeks. Giovanni was taken off-contract a few months later and helped Kimberly plotting against Thorne and Brooke, which also led to nothing with Kimberly hastily leaving town in early 2001.

In 2006, B&B introduced Harry Jackson as a new love interest for Phoebe Forrester. Harry was also supposed to be the son of a friend of Nick's (weren't there also rumors that he would turn out to be Nick's son?). He was a contract role but vanished after two months.

Kristen Forrester and Antonio Dominguez were a frontburner couple between 2001 and 2002. Once they got married and had adopted Zende, they vanished without explanation and not a single character seemed to care.

In 2004, Samantha Kelly was revealed to be Caitlin Ramirez's mother. The show spent a lot of time with Samantha and Hector trying to re-build the family they never had, but then Samantha was abruptly written off the show, as was Caitlin a few weeks later. Hector lingered around for one more year with no significant storyline. Also, nothing ever came out of Samantha's early infatuation with Ridge.

When Felicia presumably died of cancer in early 2006, she was taken care off by Dr. Christian Ramirez (Mario Lopez), Hector's brother. He fell in love with her, but they never even kissed once. Once Felicia had fully recovered, Christian was dropped like a hot potato never to be seen again.

Between 1999 and 2001 (and again in 2003), a lot of the show's storylines revolved around Amber and her trying to keep "Little Eric", Becky and Deacon's son. In the end, Deacon and Macy gained custody for the child. After Macy had died in 2003, Little Eric disappeared and nobody cared about his whereabouts. Not even Rick seems to remember how much he loved that child and how he fought for him.

The fight between Felicia and Bridget for Dante Damiano also led nowhere since he was written off without explanation. Even Dante and Felicia's son Dino was completely forgotten even though the Forresters fought for his custody. When Dante first appeared, he and Taylor apparently had some mutual history in Europe which wasn't important anymore after one week.

• Members

Y&R - Phillip Chancellor III - what a waste and it ruined Jill/Cane - he was a far better 'son' for her.

Y&R - Malcolm revealed as Lily's father

DAYS - And I called this out when it was leaked that it would happen - Zach's senseless death. Horrible decision, but it did get them a "Kleenex Day," which was low rated because people do not want to spend an hour crying

ITA about B&B - there are very few long-term 'consequences' on the show. Yeah, someone will end up as someone's kid, but otherwise, the show has the ability to shift focus very quickly. I think the Brooke alcoholism is perfect. Seriously, talk about wiping it away - and having her be completely lucid with no jitters after finding out her son's soon-to-be-fiance is a TG. However, the fast shift is also a benefit, because they do kill stories that aren't working.

• Members

I wouldn't say that story had no consequences. Bo and Hope split, she fell under Patrick's spell, Ciara was born (even though they rewrote it to make Bo her dad), Hope's fears for Ciara led to the later Bo/Hope split when she got kidnapped, Hope started taking the sleeping pills and went nuts and ended up in prison, etc. Zach's death and memory have become a big part of the Bo/Hope saga, and they also played a lot of repercussions with Chelsea.

• Members

Yes it was 1996. It was blink and you missed it. Shari Shattuck was on as Ashley at the time.

I think it would be funny if they had a scene where the first guy (Brian Forbes) they paired Ashley with back in 1982 made a cameo. He went to make a phone call and never came back. She could be walking through a lobby and he could be on a pay phone in the background.

• Members

Whatever the who the baby Daddy was on Y&R...went on for years. With Drucilla, Neil, Malcolm....I don't even remember now. I just remember I stopped watching and didn't watch for like 10 years after that. That story drug out for like 3 years....and everyone praised it for how "long arc" it was. Yep, it was long arc. And so long arc I quit watching and I still don't even remember what it was really about or what the outcome was. Was that what someone posted above? Was the baby Lilly? and the Daddy was Neil? Major flop for me.

On B&B in the early years....I remember Stephanie having some mute Daughter and no one knew who she was or something....Angela? LOL. I remember watching it at the time and thinking...who even cares? What even happened to her? And we cared because....

Y&R - pretty much anything with Victor these days. Just today I was cracking up because Victoria looks at Billy and Ashley and says...."you know...these are some pretty serious accusations. That my Dad might somehow have forged a contract?" LOLLLLLLL. HONEY PLEASE. Do you NOT KNOW your father by now? You've disowned him or disavowed knowledge with him more times than Tom Brady has disowned flat balls.

Archived