ALL: Stories that had no consequence/movement.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, too, many of Bianca's fans were upset over the fact that she was becoming romantically involved with a transgendered female. They felt it was a cop-out on the part of the show and that Bianca deserved to be with someone who wasn't transgendered or bisexual.

As for Caleb -- it's always been my feeling that whatever plans they might have had for him (and for him and Erica) were hamstrung by the casting of Michael Nouri, who SHOULD have been a great on-screen partner for Lucci but who ended up being less than. (Same goes for Jack Scalia.)

• Members

Speaking of B&B 1996-1997, does anyone else remember Tristan Rogers' super detective character during the Who Shot Grant mystery? And the crypt keeper lawyer Jonathan! I did like the character of Grant but that whole caper did end up pointless in retrospect sadly. SOD named it Best Mystery of 1997, yet a few years later named it as one of B&B dumbest plots.

As for Real Andrews, remember his inconsequential romance with Barbara on ATWT?

• Members

I wonder if they just stunt cast Rogers or ever had any real plans for him.

The story ended up being one of many of Brad Bell's misfire attempts at social commentary. Oh Rick and his violent video games...

• Members

Originally it was hinted that Rick(and to some extent young Bridget) had some severe issues with Grant being their stepfather but for whatever reason the show ended up taking a less darker route hence the eventual revelation.

The best story with Grant overall was his eventual theft of Forrester designs and selling them to Spectra and eventually meeting Macy, but that has all sadly been been long forgotten about.

• Members

She was out with the quickness!. All I remember about her was that after Taylor died, they brought on a new lame shrink clone to console Ridge and fight Brooke (much like Taylor years back following Caroline's death). She ended up getting involved with Thorne. Her most memorable scene was having a pasta sauce dumped on her. Dont remember what her purpose or story was beyond any of this. Looking back at that time, she most have been really pointless considering the show was moving forward with Ridge and Bridget and Macy returned for Thorne. Probably why she was dropped bc neither needed a love interest and being lame Taylor clone (so soon after they fired Hunter), she wasnt really well recieved by the audience

Two other stories from this show which would apply would be Amber and Owen getting twins. What was the point of either? Once she left, I dont think April was ever mentioned again and Owen's twin served ZERO purpose.

Taylor/Thorne/Amber triangle. This lasted for all of two weeks. Could have been something, but the show didnt seem invested. There was also the Amber/Nick/Aggie triangle. The show got real desperate with Amber throwing her at random couples in the final year before she left. Of course she ended up tied to Hope/Liam(Oliver) before settling with Marcus/Dayzee and then vanished. Somewhere along that she also served third wheel to Rick and Caroline. DAMN, I hadnt realized how much they bounced her around

• Members

Oh, God. I must have blocked her out! I even have in my notes that she left in March 2003 but can't even remember a single thing. lol Thanks for the explanation!

Poor April... she had this epic, 40-episode long story... and then they forgot her! I mean, two whole months...!!!

• Members

On Y&R in the early 80's they had that lame story of Robert Lawrence & Leslie Brooks. Robert's daughter Angela (played by Liz Keifer) was a friend of Tracy Abbott and objected to her father being with Leslie. Angela's mother was in a coma or whatever and they got back together. Leslie left the show after.

I don't know if Bill Bell had intentions keeping Victoria Mallory (Leslie) or was waiting out her contract since Jami Lyn Bauer (Lori) left the show and the Lori/Leslie feud was over.

• Members

Yes it was her first soap role. I remember she did an interview and said when she got Y&R she thought a 3 year contract, meant 3 years, but soon found out that she could be written out at anytime. She laughed and said she learned very quickly, but loved being on Y&R.

Archived