Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really didn't pay too much attention to her at the beginning or didn't notice her until the MM hit the fan. I don't think she is that great of actress. She is mediocre at best. She gets on my nerves as well and its because of her acting not the actual character.

• Members

So I decided to watch the exchange between Sharon & Nick.... blink.pngblush.pngmad.gif

I am glad someone compared this to Ellen Weston b/c this is exactly what this story is about to be. The Maryanne Carruthers crap on GL.

So we are supposed to believe that Nick killed some girl when we watched him grow up onscreen?

Even though I hate Nick, this totally goes against his character. If he killed someone but has been constantly bashing Sharon and even Redzilla for the past 7-8 years over their heinous acts, doesn't this make him the biggest hypocrite? IMO, this will kill Nick as a character [to the audience] more than when he hopped into bed with Phyllis while grieving.

Going against the show's canon is going to kill this show. They'll be lucky if they even make it to 50. This story is gong to potentially drive a huge nail in Y&R's coffin.

• Members

WTF!?!? I really, really, REALLY hope that you're wrong. You usually are right on target, but in this case, I want you to be way out in left field. lol

Doesn't this show have enough convoluted stories already without introducing more trash. Ugh.

• Members

Having love for the actor and character can be two completely different things. Look at Cameron Mathieson on AMC. Most people loved the actor but hated the character Ryan b/c he became a huge ass hypocrite--a huge contrast from the original interpretation of the character. A simple rewrite of a character's past or character traits can kill a character.

I don't think this rewrite will be OK because it will totally go against anything Nick stood for in past years.

• Members

Not to mention all the other times that Sharon could've used this against Nick - like when he left Phyllis, when she was with Adam, in jail and, oh, I don't know during the whole custody case that just transpired. If anything, this just makes Sharon look bad again. After all the time that was spent finally made Sharon viable again, it's just disappointing.

Archived