Y&R: March 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Very true. However, after all the bullshit Nick has done, I have seen very little decrease in his popularity among fans online. Every female character fanbase is lining up to have their beloved lady lay under Nick Newman. I don't even think Lane fans would be against that triangle. Ha!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Way back when I first started watching the show there was a scene with Nikki where Nick came back from boarding school. I specifically remember that. Was it college then? I thought it was high school. The way the show has inserted this story into Nick and Sharon's history is the very definition of plot driven schlocky story telling. It is so pulled out of some writer's ass to make drama between Nick and Sharon. When Sharon was telling the story it made me hate her for being such a bitch and hate Nick for being so stupid and irresponsible which is sad because these were pretty much the last two people on the show I have any love left for. I know a lot of people don't like Nick but I've always had a soft spot for him because he has a way with children and seems to really care about his kids unlike other characters who's kids are raised off screen somewhere. Sharon has pulled a lot of [!@#$%^&*] in the last couple of years due to her illness but she's never played dirty like everyone else on this show right now except maybe Ashley. I guess I don't like the new Sharon and I don't think she should have custody of Faith because she's unstable and makes bad decisions on a regular basis. So this story sucks and so do pretty much all the other storylines on the show right now imo.

• Members

The reason Chuck Pratt and Jill Phelps are the disasters they are: no respect for a show's history, or for the audience who have watched the show for many years. When Nick returned from boarding school, it was from high school. We saw his life and story play out in actual time from the moment Josh Morrow hit the screen as Nick. This is a very cynical, manipulative story told by lazy, unimaginative hacks who now run Y&R. Pathetic!

• Members

So agree.

The delivery didn't even sound convincing. I don't think that SC or JM believed that mess.

I know. Today's episode was horrible. Sharon having to remind Nick of what happened was just painful. Like seriously? Nick wouldn't remember some girl dying tragically in his pool? :rolleyes:

And it boggles my mind how bloggers think this story is 'good' because it gives Sharon leverage. No. It makes her, Nick, Victor, and anyone else who knows the truth look equally vile.

• Members

And we all know the problem with do that...the audience still remembers all too well. Ignoring a character's history usually aliennates long time viewers.

This a big reason why I haven't been a consistent/loyal viewer in years now.

The downside of the success of JH. He's so charismatic in his portrayal of Adam that we're all pretty much willing to overlook the Bingo nonsense but now Y&R is only emboldened to write the cabin fever story and because we like Camryn Grimes so much, we endure the nonsense that the majority of this story is off screen, invented backstory that we never saw in real time. Abby has finally been made halfway interesting so what do we get for enduring this storyline too?

More invented nonsense with Nick supposedly leading a girl to breaking her own neck, while Victor somehow covered it up.

While I appreciate the fact that Sharon told Nick off, finally, it should've been for a scenario based on something that happened onscreen, like the revelation that Sharon's erratic behavior was the result of some brain damage suffered after she got hit by that car, after running into the street devasted by seeing Nick do the nasty with her best friend Grace. If all of this mess, all of the screw ups had somehow actually led back to Nick's betrayal of Sharon, that would have at least tied back to something that we all watched happen on screen and it might have changed the dynamics of Nick and Sharon's relationship and made Nick feel like sh*t to boot.

Now, what do you get from this nonsense of a hastily invented backstory? There's no true payoff to this, if there is any, it will be short-lived.

• Members

Gina T in lingerie wub.png Phyllis has been missing her sex appeal and Gina is too hot not to be showcasing it. The elopement ceremony is totally getting crashed by not at all dead Kelly

Still digging Chelsea and Gabe/Adam, glad her and Billy cooled the wedding talk

Ashley & Victor scenes are always great, I'm actually looking forward to this story getting in gear

This Sandra stuff is so stupid, my God. At least Sharon finally got over on that bastard. Of course Dylan wanted to stay over and protect her. I can't help but like those two together.

Yeah props to her, that was horrible dialogue

• Members

I hope not...I feel the hate for him but the guy is a good actor to me..He has a sense of humor and it DOES emote when he acts..Love the guy..Always hated Sharon Case..crazy eyed person..the fans either love her or hate her..same way with Nick..Cannot please everyone.

Archived