The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just about to post that next year will be the most top heavy, diverse Oscars yet. This industry is all about doing anything to make sure that the 'lessers' [in their mind] don't revolt.

TBH, I don't give a damn about the Oscars and haven't in awhile. I do get more enjoyment out of award shows like NAACP & BET awards b/c it is equal opportunity.

Sorry I gotta get this off my chest but what pisses me off about 'white Hollywood' is that they'll do anything to shut diversity out but go to an event hosted by Blacks or Latinos and we're always accepting. Just pisses me off.

• Members

How are the BET/NAACP awards equal opportunity? Those shows are as all black (Hispanic) in nominations as the Oscars are white in nominations.

John Legend and Common's performance stole the show for me.

Best Speeches

B-gpg0TCAAAohfI.jpg

B-gNmn5CEAA5p4H.png

Honorable mention to John L/Common and Patricia A.

Jimmy Kimmel must have foreseen Sean Pean's joke thus hitting him on the head repeatedly during tonight's skit [or he was giving Sean a taste of what he did to Madonna].

NPH sucked at a substantial level as host. Hopefully they get Ellen back next year.

• Members

And they were created because we weren't being acknowledged at an Oscars, EMMYS, or Golden Globes; however, there are always white people nominated and winning at both events.

Clive Davis just walked away with a Vanguard Award at the NAACP a few weeks ago. Shows like Greys, Scandal, & HTGAWT, which have more white characters [just black leads], have been shown love the past few years at the NAACP awards. Again, they are more accepting & welcoming than what the major three acting award shows are.

Archived