The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forgot to mention this earlier -

Many of you know, I'm no Gaga fan. Actually, I usually hate her. But I thought she was great tonight. And if she would perform like that more often, she could win me back as a fan.

Jennifer Hudson was great, but nothing will beat Bette Midler's In Memorium performance last year for me.

• Members

Exactly and thank you. The Oscars is supposed to be the creme de la creme when it comes to awards shows. It is supposed to set the tone but it does the exact opposite. It reinforces racial progression.

I read this and I am not surprise. Just further proves my argument from earlier.

Bette's performance last year is going to be hard to beat, but they just tapped Jennifer to perform to fulfill their diversity quota. Otherwise, it would've been someone else (IMO).

• Members

How can the system be rigged against itself? AAs don't get prime movie roles in order to be nominated, unless you count slaves or maids. Chewetel and Viola are not going to play those roles anymore, so they are automatically excluded. Take Chastain, who's beyond overrated - why couldn't Viola, Octavia or Aujanue Ellis play the role she got in Zero Dark Thirty? Why is Chastain the most successful from a movie with predominantly black actresses? Viola was the most powerful in that movie, so where are her Oscar roles? Ellis more than proved herself in Book of Negros. Octavia too! But no, Hollywood tells you that you want to see Lawrence, Adams, Hathaway, Stone and Chastain!

In 2015, why did Duvarney(sp) have to broker a damn dialogue for the Academy and the boycotters? She's unfollowed as of today! I don't care if her movie is being nominated, you have to take a damn stand! Field ******s are always moved to the forefront to broker peace! The boycotters should not have been talked down, PERIOD!

And what will Hollywood's answer to this latest infraction be? Give Halle Berry another Oscar! I don't watch awards shows at all, but this still makes me sick!

• Members

Oscars hit four year low.....who on here was the one who called it?...lol

http://tvline.com/2015/02/23/ratings-oscars-2015/

I agree...the Oscars were too big for him. And they talked about his undies on stage..and how he wore two underwears so nothing could be seen yet he did added a I didnt wear a sock in the middle comment...so tacky by NPH.

• Members

Not shocked at the ratings dip at all. Told people that 'Black Twitter' wasn't having it. They all vowed to skip out watching the show, which is why I don't understand why Bravo didn't show their normal programming. I would've watched RHOA over the Oscars.

They were. In all honesty, I am tired of Hollywood trying to make NPH work. He just doesn't for me. I didn't find him funny on HIMYM and I didn't find him funny in Harold and Kumar. He was good as Doogie and he excels on Broadway but that's it. He's not that funny to me.

And about him wearing those underwear, from clips that I've seen, it is nothing impressive. Not that I am a size queen but he ain't lugging around no anaconda. He always gave me bottom b*tch vibes anyways. :lol:

Archived