The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He does. So does his hubby. Don't know how two bottoms get it on. You know what, let me leave that alone before I get in trouble. ph34r.png

Well Cleo was white. Or she at least was half white. She had Greek in her. They can have her. Now if they pull this stunt with Nefertiti or Hatshepsut, we're gonna have a problem. I will be speaking out and it won't be pretty.

Of course she wouldn't enjoy it. The Oscars are too progressive for her. Surprised she even watched and I like Nicole. But she's Republican. Even though a lot of Hollywood are posers when it comes to politics (IMO), they are still far too liberal for actual Republicans.

And speaking of Republicans on the Oscars, have y'all seen this drivel:

Stacy Dash irks my last nerve. Excuse my French but please take this j*gaboo off air. Just shucking and jiving for 'the man.'

tumblr_n3hydx2y2x1s48ibpo1_500.gif

• Members
Well, I think when you're making a movie about someone who is actually alive and a part of making the movie, you try to cast someone that looks/acts like that person. I mean if you cast Clint Eastwood as Nelson Mandela, people would FLIP, and rightfully so. I agree Hollywood can be extremely racist, and the state of diversity is incredibly sad. But the answer is not to make every character black, Hispanic, etc., even if that doesn't fit the portrayal. The answer is for racist Hollywood execs to actually produce films with minority leads, and to begin casting minority actors in more roles. It's a sad state when we are arguing that a movie about a ginger, porcelain skinned CIA agent should have had Viola Davis. Viola shouldn't have to want to play a white woman, she should be getting dozens of lead offers. But she's not. And *that's* the problem.

• Members
So are we, Doogie.

NPH might be a fine actor, but I agree that the Industry is trying too hard to make him look like a star.

Meanwhile, I'm just ready to look ahead and see which will the next fool be to host this crap-fest. Many are calling for Ellen to return. Me? Meh.

I'd like to see Martin Short or even Bill Murray (another one of my all-time faves) host, if only b/c their Improv experience might -- MIGHT -- come in handy for such an occasion.

Archived