The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish NPH had taken the risk and done REAL predictions to be revealed at the end of the show. What we got was forced and predictable and, as with most of his material tonight, an utter waste of time.

I thought so. He didn't just rattle off a bunch of names no one knew or cared about. He kept it light and funny and imparted some simple advice -- namely, call your parents and have a real convo with them.

• Members

I am very thankful I do not watch anything while simultaneously being online. Tonight was a fantastic show. The only thing I would have taken out was Jennifer Hudson's performance. The In Memorial video was great. I do not understand why they needed her to waste time and sing afterward.

• Members
What do you want to bet that next year, the Academy will go out of their way to get more AA nominees than ever? Then it really WILL be like watching the BET Awards!

Hell, they'll even give Oscar himself a new Kangol hat and pair of Adidas shoes to wear!

• Members

I liked the one where Celine Dion sang "Smile."

Read that they didn't include Joan Rivers or Jan Hooks. Blech. Jan I guess I could get (although she was a highlight of a beloved cult film), but Joan wrote/directed a movie and was in a number of films. I guess it's some anti-comedian thing.

Archived