The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have mixed feelings about him, because I don't feel like he's some Hollywood pet (in TV terms, he was pretty much in the woods like most child stars until he had the HIMYM comeback - that plus his coming out is what changed things for him), but I do think he's become too much of a "face" lately when it doesn't suit him.

But I also think the Oscars have just become irrelevant (yes even with the high ratings) and they are floundering as a result. Ellen was better, overall, but people tend to just remember the selfie, and not her horribly written, poorly delivered jokes like calling Liza Minelli a man (on a night that her mother was being honored, no less).

The show tends to just swallow hosts now, because it is trying to represent what it will never be, and yet it's also desperately clinging to a past that is no longer there.

I wish they'd go back to having multiple hosts (3-4-5) or try a year with no host at all.

• Members

The writing played a big part. It's like Christian J. LeBlanc's acting on Y&R. How he has those scenes where he's screaming to show that he 'knows how to act.' It has been like that for the Oscars for years. It's like the writers write dialogue for the host to show that 'we're trying to appease and acquire younger viewers!' But it fall flat all the time and is inauthentic.

And that video with that fat, nasty, sloppy body, pigmentally challenged hussy depicts Hollywood in general.

Shonda needs to shut up. Something about her has always rubbed me the wrong way but this just solidifies it. She wreaks of attitude and you can tell it in her expressions. Someone gets a little power and shine and they think they know everything. Give a b*tch an inch and she takes the whole damn ruler....

• Members

Shonda needs to sit her Thursday night ass down.

I'm not a huge Gaga fan, and I've downright despised her many times over the years, but her performance was everything she does right. Her constant crooning with Tony Bennett got old a long, long time ago, and she's hopefully gotten over her need to be artistically outrageous. It was a very enjoyable performance, and I hope she takes that mindset back into the studio and turns out more dance pop that isn't trying to be something more.

• Members

If you figure out my pattern, feel free to share it with me because I'm clueless. I just don't see why we need to get in an arbitrary throwdown about a movie that is long gone. They're both talented actresses and they're both doing very well here and now.

Archived