GH: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isnt Gabriel the only death in recent history? Maxie and Lulu both had babies that lived. Going a little further, Sam had a live baby. Tea's died, but I dont count that against GH as it was from another soap with no ties to here. I cant recall any other pregnancies

• Members

Olivia's pregnancy is not totally impossible. Lisa LoCicero was born on April 18, 1970. So she is 44, closing in on 45. It isn't unreasonable for her to play a character that is a year younger then she is, meaning that Olivia would be about 43-44 when she got pregnant, 44-45 when she gave birth. It's unusual....but believable.

Women's fertility drops dramatically when they hit their 40s. I have heard that it drops by 90% between the ages of 41 and 43. Women do get pregnant at 44, and it's not a shocking aberration, although it is highly unlikely. At 45 the pregnancy rate is statistically zero. That's when the pregnancy stories are shockers, with or without IVF.

IRL Dante would have gone to college, even though the show portrays him as totally blue collar. You need a college degree to become a detective. Let's assume that Dante went to night school when he was 18, while working as a beat cop. (The years when he was protecting Brenda). Let's assume that he attended the police academy over the summer right after he graduated high school and then started college in the Fall. And let's assume that he graduated in 5 years, since he probably couldn't have gone totally full time while he was working a police officer's job (even if he wasn't working a full 40 hours). So he became a detective at 23, if there was a position immediately available which was offered to him.

Dante joined the show in the summer of 2009, but he had been working the case with the Zaccharas for the previous 6 months. It also would have taken him a little while to get the case, even if they gave him the assignment shortly after his promotion. So let's say that Dante turned 23 in 2008. That means that he turned 29 last year (2014).

Olivia had Dante when she was 15, making her 44 last year. So perhaps she got pregnant at 44 1/2 and will give birth later this year at 45 1/4. Maybe even 45 1/2. That's not impossible.

The real question is whether or not it is realistic for the 35, almost 36 year old Dominic Zamprogna to play the son of Lisa LoCicero's character. We can debate that....but that conversation long pre-dates this story line and exists whether Olivia is pregnant or not.

BTW, for whatever it's worth, Wikipedia says that Dante was born in 1984, and that this was said on the air on September 13, 2011.

Deidre Hall was 10 days shy of her 46th birthday when Belle Black was born. It wasn't completely crazy for her to be in a pregnancy story, although the SORASing of Sami, and Marlena's medical school history, made that a tough sell for the character, if you knew the full back story. But then again....SORAS changes history. That's just how it works.

Victoria Wyndham was the most ridiculous one ever IMO. She was 53 when Rachel was pregnant with the twins in the final year of the show, and Rachel was at least the same age (even if you allow for SORAS-adjusted history).

• Members

Regarding babies, Ava's is alive too. I still don't think it's Sonny's, and Morgan defending Sonny to Kiki was whack. Your dad screwed your g/f and got her preggers and now you're okay with that and defend him, what? But we know it's Ava's and it lives. Unless Sonny and Carly keep taking it out in winter with no hat, coat, or mittens. Argh.

• Members

So I'm guessing this Valentine's episode doesn't even deserve comments. I can honestly say that Jean Luc Picard was never, ever intended to be a character on this showph34r.png . Derek Theler is beautiful, but he should really stick to keeping his mouth shut. And I just have to say that of all the people to be seen in the Q Living Room, dayplayer cameo character(as much as I love MP) should not have been an end of episode shot!closedeyes.jpg

• Members

Thanks, Merp! The writing is all over the place. Pretty much since her paternity reveal, I haven't thought for a second that it was Sonny's. I was hoping beforehand that it was Morgan's since Sonny has a million kids already that are irrelevant to him. Too many characters were acting sketch after the reveal, so I'm sure sometime down the line they'll reveal someone switched the paternity. Probably Silas. I can already see an off screen flashback *eye roll* of Ava pleading with Silas to switch them as Sonny was gonna kill her.

Archived