Y&R's Beau Kazer passes away

• Members

Wow. This makes me sad :(

Like everyone's been saying, he had such a soothing comforting voice and he needed it to be the voice of reason as the buffer between Katherine and Jill. When I grew up watching, he was sort of making occasional visits by then but I always looked forward to those visits because I appreciated when Y&R had moderate characters to balance out the extremes.

I guess I always hoped he'd come around again for another visit.

R.I.P. Beau Kazer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys are gonna laugh but I once thought that after Katherine died, we should have gotten some scenes of Brock comforting Esther which leads to them making love......It's not a far fetched idea, and though it was never hinted that they had that type of affection of each other before....I always thought them as a paring would work somehow...

• Members

The way Bill Bell wrote Brock and Beau played him made him a unique character. He was a man of convictions with a strong moral compass.As such there wasn't a lot for Brock to do as he wasn't one to keep secrets,lie etc which are soap staples.

But he was great as a good friend,sounding board and support.

• Members

I think there is plenty to do for a character like that. The way Bill wrote him in the 70's, he was also a hero, a "rescuer" of the damsels in distress. That's why I found it so distasteful when a sociopath such as Victor ended up filling that bill in the 80's. But since Brock was still around some then, and Paul was a similar type character, it helped to mitigate all that. I think soaps NEED a hero, someone who is truly good. If for no other reason, to be a reactionary character to all the assholes that surround them.

Archived