2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Everything Jean touch(es) turns to gold." Seriously?

Then how do you explain ATWT's cliched villain of the month club? And Janet Ciccone? And Luke and Noah bouncing on the bed? And Dani Andropolous hooking up with Craig Montgomery, the man who raised her in her infancy? Anna Devane's brother Gabriel on AMC?

• Members

In Jean's defense at ATWT, I suspect Goutman was essentially dictating story, especially after Hogan Sheffer left. Her AMC stint wasn't terrible, and besides some McTavish stuff between 2003 and 2005, better than anything that came afterward. Her AMC still resembled AMC, and she didn't do any lasting damage.

• Members

One thing u can say about Jean she never decimated a show or make it look unrecognizable. She brings a quality of writing that stands her apart from everyone. Her writing for GH will only enhance it. She's very happy to be home in a place where she is appreciated. Jean is what u call the crown jewel of daytime

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jean just copies stories …she did that a lot on ATWT…..I don't recall who wrote Luke coming out to Kevin but I did enjoy that story even though it wasn't the best…so much potential with the story and the actors….a wasted opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived