2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days needs more contemporary dialog and while I like some of the scripts, they are a bit stodgy. Days has the oldest set of writers of any of the four shows. i would get rid of the breakdown writers with the exception of broderick. The outlines have been terribly uninspired for a long time. Bring in Paula Cwikly, maybe Lisa Conner. Stop all the wasted flashbacks over and over and don't start a scene with someone entering and putting her hand bag down. We can connect the dots if you start a scene with two people already interacting.

• Members

I don't see Marlene working on Days again. Victor Gialanella probably isn't coming back either. I think we need to see who Pratt dumps because if Sony likes a writer they will put them at DOOL if they really want to keep them. That's why I think Beldner would go to Days if Pratt dumps him. I could see Lisa Seidman returning as well. I think the Cullitons will retire at some point. They've been around since 1980. I could see Meng bringing in other OLTL reboot writers. Why hasn't someone scooped up Marin Gazzaniga; her OLTL scripts rocked. I think Lisa Conner is highly respected and could be a good addition to the breakdown writers; Marlene had just hired her when they were all fired for Tomsell.

I'd like to see Courtney Simon come out of forced retirement and write Days scripts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived