Toups

2015: The Directors and Writers Thread

Days needs more contemporary dialog and while I like some of the scripts, they are a bit stodgy. Days has the oldest set of writers of any of the four shows. i would get rid of the breakdown writers with the exception of broderick. The outlines have been terribly uninspired for a long time. Bring in Paula Cwikly, maybe Lisa Conner. Stop all the wasted flashbacks over and over and don't start a scene with someone entering and putting her hand bag down. We can connect the dots if you start a scene with two people already interacting.

I wouldn't be surprises to see the Cullitons and Cherrill go. I think they would want to keep Salmons and of course Ford isn't going anywhere.

The Cullitons better stay, especially Richard. I could see Ford going back to breakdowns.

I could see them dumping Dunn and putting in place Beldner and/or Seidman. I think someone from YR will be dumped now that they are keeping Altman and Passanante as breakdown writers.

No way Beldner leaves Y&R for DAYS.

I'm guessing Victor Gialanella will be back. Maybe Marlene McPherson? She and Dena seem to be good friends. And what about Dena's hubby?

Those are 3 good guesses. Victor always follows Dena.

I'm surprised Pratt hasn't brought any of his people to Y&R

It's still early.

I don't see Marlene working on Days again. Victor Gialanella probably isn't coming back either. I think we need to see who Pratt dumps because if Sony likes a writer they will put them at DOOL if they really want to keep them. That's why I think Beldner would go to Days if Pratt dumps him. I could see Lisa Seidman returning as well. I think the Cullitons will retire at some point. They've been around since 1980. I could see Meng bringing in other OLTL reboot writers. Why hasn't someone scooped up Marin Gazzaniga; her OLTL scripts rocked. I think Lisa Conner is highly respected and could be a good addition to the breakdown writers; Marlene had just hired her when they were all fired for Tomsell.

I'd like to see Courtney Simon come out of forced retirement and write Days scripts.

They were still credited?

Yeah, they were listed after Pratt. Now their names have been removed and will only be listed whenever they write breakdowns. Passanante is credited as the BDW for Monday's episode.

Elizabeth "$200 Haircut" Page hasn't written a script in about a month. I wonder if she's gone.

"$200 Haircut" LOL what?

Edited by John